Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 02:00 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,530,348 times

Advertisements

The heat and humidity in Charleston is even worse than FL. Nice place to visit in April or October though.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2013, 11:07 AM

119 posts, read 173,337 times
QuilterChick~I don't know about the heat and huidity being better in FL then Charsleton. I thought I was going to die when I went to FL, lol. I could hardly breath and forget about swimming to get cooled off, the ocean water was like a warm bath and the swimming pool was worse. I guess it depends on where in FL you go. We were in Clearwater/St. Pete area.

My mother keeps saying she was to go to Fort Myers, she heard it's suppose to really nice (weather wise). I was just in Charleston this past summer, camping. I did have to have my a/c on, lol. I like it cold when I sleep. It was hot, but nothing that swimming in the beach could not cool down. Oh and that was the first time my boyfriend and his uncle has even seen palmetto bugs. They just about sh*t their pants. LMAO

Old 01-31-2013, 12:59 PM

24 posts, read 50,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tingum23 View Post

I would say that I am between the two extremes that everyone mentioned as well; although I honestly lean to the right (literally when I walk I lean - just kidding). It's very hard to find what I am looking for without the extremes...
Funny Totally understand.

Also looking to relocate to AVL area. My family and I live in the northeast near NYC. We've been on a few scouting missions (AVL & surrounding areas) in the past year. We're heading back in a couple weeks to meet with an agent. We really loved Biltmore Forest too. Definitely check out Flat Rock as well. It's very quaint.

I think there are reasonable moderates (like myself & family) everywhere. By definition, the extremes usually shout the loudest and get the most attention.

I'm also on the hunt for good private schools and will focus our search more according to schools we like.

Oh, and I've visited Asheville in the Spring, Summer & Fall (and soon the winter). I grew up in Southern CA and have lived in New England for almost 20 years. Comparatively the Asheville area seemed fairly temperate on each visit. Nothing oppressive. There was some rain in the Spring but overall pretty perfect weather 72-75 degrees and sunny in May. Summer was hot and slightly humid but definitely nothing like NYC in July (super duper ick!). The Fall was lovely. 70's & 80's and not humid in Sept and Oct. Maybe we lucked out but it seemed really nice for all of our visits.

Good luck with your search!

Old 02-01-2013, 05:16 AM

192 posts, read 409,255 times
This is such great information. I would have never thought to ask to specifically hear from people from Charleston living in Asheville - it gives an interesting perspective...and I had to laugh because everyone covered my three base areas of relo (Charleston, Asheville, coastal Florida).

I will check out Flat Rock as well Kismet, thanks. I hope you get a chance to post your impressions of the neighborhoods you visit with your realtor.

I'd also love to hear about your interaction with any private schools...good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina