U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-29-2013, 12:51 PM

863 posts, read 1,062,828 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
LOL - this is a great post. We had a similar thread in the Upstate sub-forum discussing unsolicited salespersons. One funny response is, "I apologize for interrupting, but I must go, my fish are drowning"
I used to reply to the telephone solicitor's pitch (in perfect English); "I'm terribly sorry, I don't speak Englsh". Being salespeople, most were undeterred and thus pressed on. I kept the same response until they hung up in frustration.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-29-2013, 05:16 PM

652 posts, read 1,241,380 times
One of the better replies to a telephone solicitor came from my cousin, whose bolts are probably not quite tightened down to the factory specs, anyway. The solicitor was trying to sell him new siding for his house, which is brick. When he informed the solicitor of that, the man was undeterred and said that would not be a problem.

My cousin then asked if they could have a crew out and finish the job by Friday (on a Tuesday night phone call). The solicitor hesitated and said he was not sure that would be possible, and asked what the rush was. My cousin replied that he was going to file bankruptcy the following Monday and wanted to be sure to get them into the list of creditors.

Needless to say, the call ended at that point.

Old 01-31-2013, 10:57 AM

119 posts, read 131,879 times
Good one Asheville1. I have thought of printing up a piece I have called "The Halloween Witch" and handing it out. It can really put in to prespective on how innocent women were tortured back in the back by Chistians for the love of God.

Old 02-04-2013, 04:43 AM

2 posts, read 3,225 times
Well...I flew down for an interview. It went really well, however they decided to go with another candidate. These things happen. Often times it comes down to intangibles.

I only had a day free in the area, but I tried to cram as much as I could in. I agree the Bent Creek area would have been the area. From what I saw it would have been a good fit for me. Lots of trail running opportunities.

I had bought a book named "Asheville Trail Running, Hiking, and Walking" by Trish Brown. It looks like a good guide to the local areas trails.

But at least at this point, I will not be using it. I really appreciate everyone's input. I have to trust in a higher power is putting me where he wants me for now.

Good luck you all.

Old 02-04-2013, 08:19 AM
RVT

367 posts, read 640,294 times
Sorry to hear it didn't work out. Hope you have good luck in the future though!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina