U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-15-2013, 11:54 AM

5,556 posts, read 5,015,728 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComSense View Post
I was thinking the exact same thing. Why would you act any differently? It's just a place like any other city/town.
This thread isn't about "act any differently". It's so I (and maybe others) know what's important to the locals and residents. Different regions have their cultures and histories and customs and ways. It's important to know. I'm not going to change my personality, but it's important to know if my personality fits with the area. And yes, I might adjust some of my ways. Especially when it comes to things like driving and patience and appreciation for the history. But only because I want to.

And it is NOT "just a place like any other city or town." Otherwise you wouldn't be planning to move back to Central Florida.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 12:15 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,202,390 times
It's not a place? Then what is it?

Old 03-15-2013, 12:19 PM

Quote:
It's not a place? Then what is it?
^^^^^Troll Post. With the deliberate purpose to corrupt a perfectly decent thread.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:25 PM

8,964 posts, read 6,202,390 times
No, its in response to... "And it is NOT "just a place like any other city or town." Otherwise you wouldn't be planning to move back to Central Florida."

I just don't know what that means or what you're trying to say. My only comment in this thread is to suggest acting as if you were in any other place or town. I think that's perfectly normal.

Old 03-15-2013, 12:35 PM

Quote:
No, its in response to... "And it is NOT "just a place like any other city or town." Otherwise you wouldn't be planning to move back to Central Florida."

I just don't know what that means or what you're trying to say. My only comment in this thread is to suggest acting as if you were in any other place or town. I think that's perfectly normal.
"I think that's perfectly normal"

Sure. Try that in Baghdad. Unless, of course, you always look for IEDs wherever you go.

Old 03-15-2013, 06:41 PM

469 posts, read 665,303 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarc View Post
Mike, don't let me discourage you from working with the elderly. The commitment issue mostly comes up for those who are doing visitation or respite/relief care. There are other situations involving volunteering for the elderly where you can take time off, like meal delivery, transportation or administrative tasks. Just be sure to let the organization or your supervisor know your situation, and they'll fit you in somewhere else. I think it's great you're considering this. It's so badly needed, now more than ever.
You didn't discourage me. You just pointed out something I hadn't thought of yet, which affected my own personal plans. I've done this type of work before, so no worries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina