Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2013, 04:09 PM

440 posts, read 1,092,478 times

Advertisements

.......what do you have planned?? I'm not Irish...but I bought my 1st Corned Beef & Cabbage to make. Hubby got some Guiness...said we have to put the Beef in the slow cooker w/a bottle of Guiness & the seasonings. Have you done that?? ...Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2013, 04:11 PM

361 posts, read 748,288 times
I do what I always do - find a good Irish pub in the city and enjoy the day. About once a year is all I can take.

Have never experienced St. Patrick's Day in Ireland. Would love to do that someday.

Anyone want to go next year?

Old 03-15-2013, 04:17 PM

1,051 posts, read 2,298,365 times
This week is spring break at ASU and I'm back in Winston-Salem. My family is making corned beef and sauerkraut tomorrow because I've just coincidentally decided to leave tomorrow evening so that I can be back in Boone for St. Patrick's Day. Not that I have any ulterior motives for that decision

Old 03-15-2013, 04:36 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,537,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintedLady View Post
.......what do you have planned?? I'm not Irish...but I bought my 1st Corned Beef & Cabbage to make. Hubby got some Guiness...said we have to put the Beef in the slow cooker w/a bottle of Guiness & the seasonings. Have you done that?? ...Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Wish you were here:

Dugan's Pub - Brevard, NC - Home

Old 03-15-2013, 07:38 PM
pvs

1,845 posts, read 3,365,407 times
Being from the NYC area, I NEVER much liked St. Patty's Day. The entire downtown became filled with a lot of drunk and obnoxious people, and the bagpipes were never my cup of tea. All the same, with tomorrow's forecast being in the 70's, DW and I bought some beautiful fresh ground round steak, and I made it into burgers with some local herbs from Fresh Market. We hope to enjoy the day in the backyard, barbecuing and enjoying a couple of these new Guiness Black Lagers we also got at FM.

Ahhhhh ... Spring has sprung!

PS: Downtown H'ville was FANTASTIC today! SOooo many people about enjoying the Vitamin D sunshine. We are SO looking forward to the warmer weather

Old 03-16-2013, 06:57 AM

358 posts, read 786,037 times
Eating, thats what we have planned. Slow cook the brisket and spices in a dutch oven. When it is starting to fall apart add the new potatoes and cabbage. Add carrots if you are from the Protestant north. The Guinness?......well that goes without saying
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina