Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-25-2013, 09:17 AM

215 posts, read 567,862 times

Advertisements

Hi,
I know this is a long shot, but my in laws are visiting in July and we want to rent them a small RV, Motorhome. It seems the only place within 3 hours of Asheville is Tom Johnson Camping that rent them out, however they seem to only have large Motorhomes, more than they need, and a price higher than we prefer to pay!
So, any individuals in the area who rent theirs out?? Or other ideas?
It would be for the 2nd week of July, for a week or 10 days max. My father in law is an experienced truck driver. Obviously we would get the maximum insurance etc..
Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-25-2013, 09:30 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,477,898 times
Default Rv

Jukes, there is another RV dealer that you can see from I-26 near the Fletcher/Mountain Home exit on the right if you are heading south. I believe their name may have changed recently, but they have been "Todd's RV" for years, and are actually on So. Rugby Road where there entrance is, off Butler Bridge Road.

You might want to give them a call to inquire.

Todd's RV & Marine Hendersonville, NC, 28791 - YP.com

Another idea would be to call some RV storage facilities and inquire if any owners storing RV's in there would rent. I've seen a nice Class C RV with a for rent sign on it over in Mills River, on Rt. 280 just past the intersection of Rt. 280 and Rt. 191 heading west, would be on the left hand side of 280. I would assume, however, that private parties would not want to rent as a rule due to insurance liability issues. But it can't hurt to check.

Best of luck !

Old 03-25-2013, 10:53 AM

thanks! Yes, Todds is now Camping World, who used to do RV rentals from Statesville, but don't seem to anymore!

Old 03-26-2013, 06:27 AM

3,997 posts, read 4,131,511 times
You might check with Cruise America RV rentals... I thought they were nation wide.....

Old 03-26-2013, 06:47 AM

thanks, yes Cruise America rent from Charlotte, but at $1700 for a week, I was hoping for something a bit cheaper and a bit closer if possible (may not be possible!)

Old 03-26-2013, 07:20 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,477,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jukes View Post
thanks, yes Cruise America rent from Charlotte, but at $1700 for a week, I was hoping for something a bit cheaper and a bit closer if possible (may not be possible!)

$1700 a week + fuel, insurance etc. would buy some nice accomodations at a bed & breakfast for 10 days.

http://ashevillebba.com/?gclid=CNCD8...Fe07OgodlgEA1Q

Old 03-26-2013, 12:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
$1700 a week + fuel, insurance etc. would buy some nice accomodations at a bed & breakfast for 10 days.

Asheville Bed & Breakfast Association: Inns of North Carolina

I know! Well, the price does inc. insurance...
We are about to buy a travel trailer and have this dream to go camping with my in laws. We moved here from England and for them to visit is a big event. Plus father in law likes driving etc etc. We want to take them to the Gatlinburg area as it has everything for all ages (we are from baby to age 60)....
I think Tom Johnson will be the cheapest and nearest for the rental.... but will see!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina