Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-08-2013, 02:44 PM

474 posts, read 836,445 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by organic_donna View Post
Do you have any suggestions where I can find a short term rental in Asheville? I too want to purchase a house but I need time to get to know the area.
Well, to list three, there's:

1. airbnb.com
2. craigslist. Of course you have to be careful, but I've always had luck.
3. myapartmentmap.com. Go to advanced options and click 'short term'.

Good luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-08-2013, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiafjam View Post
I have had my home in Swannanoa on the market for 3 years with no luck. I have it listed 30 grand less than appraised and 55 grand less than i paid.
Sorry to hear it. Man, three years is a long time. Hope you have better luck this year.

Old 04-08-2013, 04:16 PM

2,574 posts, read 2,251,992 times
Thanks, Alpha Realty looks OK but I don't think they have short term rentals.

Old 04-11-2013, 08:32 AM

Hard to believe there's no one in this forum that's trying to sell a house so they can move to Asheville. Hope the derailment wasn't the cause of someone not posting.

Old 04-11-2013, 02:26 PM

442 posts, read 1,505,588 times
We decided to rent out our house when it wouldn't sell - we are very happy landlords and are living in WNC!!

Old 04-11-2013, 06:35 PM

6,337 posts, read 11,520,220 times
I don't think it's a good idea to rent out a working b&b.

Old 04-11-2013, 07:56 PM

1,530 posts, read 3,869,277 times
look for painted ladies post. she is a fighter with some endurance !

Old 04-11-2013, 11:43 PM

172 posts, read 288,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bilbono View Post
Hard to believe there's no one in this forum that's trying to sell a house so they can move to Asheville. Hope the derailment wasn't the cause of someone not posting.
I'll post in your thread as I am in the situation that is also irregular because the house is in a place that has been rezoned for business. I have gone through several agents and price changes since 2009, and even had one agent who did nothing but hang a sign with an incorrect phone number and then sit at his desk to play video games much of the day. At this point I am just going FSBO and listing on the sites myself. It has been long enough that I do not care if it sells quickly or not.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofbavaria View Post
look for painted ladies post. she is a fighter with some endurance !
I saw her posts. Yes, she certainly stuck with it. I read shes very happy to be in Asheville now. Glad for her.

Old 04-12-2013, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maulotaur View Post
I'll post in your thread as I am in the situation that is also irregular because the house is in a place that has been rezoned for business. I have gone through several agents and price changes since 2009, and even had one agent who did nothing but hang a sign with an incorrect phone number and then sit at his desk to play video games much of the day. At this point I am just going FSBO and listing on the sites myself. It has been long enough that I do not care if it sells quickly or not.
Sorry to hear about your bad luck with realtors. You probably already have it listed on the MLS, but if not, here are some good options. Hang in there, it'll sell eventually. One day you'll be sitting in the mountains sipping your favorite beverage, acting like this never happened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina