Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-30-2007, 08:12 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,664,343 times

Advertisements

I apologize if this has been asked before. I did a forum search, but nothing came up. We're planning a trip to the Grandfather Mountain area in a few weeks. Can anyone recommend pet-friendly lodging in that area? I've searched online, but a lot of places are pretty pricey. We're hoping to spend around $100 per night. I would really appreciate any recommendations!
Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-30-2007, 08:24 PM

442 posts, read 1,504,741 times
Someone on another thread recommended this cabin - near Mt. Mitchell - not sure how far that is from Grandfather Mt. - but this looks really sweet and the price is right
Blue Ridge Parkway Cabin - Cabin (http://www.vrbo.com/59187 - broken link)

Old 10-30-2007, 08:43 PM

51 posts, read 190,587 times
Hi there,

Grandfather Mountain is between Blowing Rock and Linville off of 221 (not that far from Blowing Rock, which is a darling little village in itself). There are several motels/inns in Blowing Rock that are pet friendly (Alpine Village Inn, Blowing Rock Lodge, Hillwinds Inn, Homestead Inn, Village Inn, Victorian Inn, Gideon Ridge Inn). However, I would check out Sweet Season B&B (Sweet Season Bed and Breakfast; Blowing Rock, North Carolina (located in Chetola Estate)) -- it really looks nice and appears to be in your price range. I have a Blowing Rock Visitor's Information Guide that I'm looking at, but I actually went to the B&B's website and it looks nice (but, of course, the pictures sometimes make a place look a lot better than it actually is). I'm pretty familiar with this area because I'm planning on relocating there soon and have spent a great deal of time there lately.

Hope this helps,
Carolyn

Old 10-30-2007, 08:53 PM

51 posts, read 190,587 times
Also, for cabin/cottage/home rentals, check out Blue Ridge Mountain Rentals (Blue Ridge Mountain Vacation Rentals in Blowing Rock, North Carolina) and Jenkins Rentals (Blowing Rock Vacation & Cabin Rentals – Boone, Blowing Rock, North Carolina Rental Chalets, Log Cabins, Condos, and Mountain Homes). Some of the rentals with these two companies are pet friendly but they tend to be a little more $$.

Old 10-30-2007, 10:47 PM

4,975 posts, read 11,664,343 times
Thank you, clgrimes and Loves mountains! You were very helpful! I'll check out your suggestions. We've never been to the Blowing Rock area. It looks beautiful!

Old 12-28-2008, 06:40 PM

1 posts, read 11,313 times
Default Pet Friendly Home

Hello, I am the owner of a Beautiful "Pet Friendly"vacation rental. The property is between Boone and Blowing Rock. It is large and can accomodate your needs. Please see pictures and details about the Home at www.vbro.com This is Vacation rentals By owner. My listing is 191201.

Please feel free to contact me @luvaloha@aol.com with any questions

Thanks,

Dawn

Old 12-28-2008, 09:24 PM

1,379 posts, read 3,905,589 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loves mountains View Post
Someone on another thread recommended this cabin - near Mt. Mitchell - not sure how far that is from Grandfather Mt. - but this looks really sweet and the price is right
Blue Ridge Parkway Cabin - Cabin (http://www.vrbo.com/59187 - broken link)
I've stayed there before -- awesome place!!

It's about 45 minutes from Grandfather Mountain.

By the way, it's fairly secluded, so if you're looking to "get away from it all", it's a good choice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina