U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 05-22-2013, 01:50 PM

10 posts, read 11,301 times

Advertisements

Hi, I just posted about condos but am also looking at places like Dana and Riverwind (Etowah) that are both 55+. I'm wondering if anyone has any info on these or similar parks in the area. Dana does not appeal a lot because they took down almost all the trees. I have had a better view out of my last 2 apartments in NY than they seem to have. However, I am getting most of that info by looking at the satellite pictures in the ads. One of the most important things for me is a decent view and a screen room, not necessarily a thrilling view but trees, birds. My Mom lived in a similar place and loved it but did talk about old people being picky, she was in her 70's at the time. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-22-2013, 02:00 PM

1,340 posts, read 1,482,315 times
Hi there is a place called "Magnolia Place" on Fruitland Road about a mile out past the high school on the right. It's actually really lovely up there.

Old 05-22-2013, 02:24 PM

5,803 posts, read 5,716,289 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinkpass View Post
Hi, I just posted about condos but am also looking at places like Dana and Riverwind (Etowah) that are both 55+. I'm wondering if anyone has any info on these or similar parks in the area. Dana does not appeal a lot because they took down almost all the trees. I have had a better view out of my last 2 apartments in NY than they seem to have. However, I am getting most of that info by looking at the satellite pictures in the ads. One of the most important things for me is a decent view and a screen room, not necessarily a thrilling view but trees, birds. My Mom lived in a similar place and loved it but did talk about old people being picky, she was in her 70's at the time. Any info would be appreciated. Thanks
Riverwind would be your absolutely best bet because you own the land, and the HOA is excellent, no problems, many long-term residents and snowbirds. The HOA fee is low; you take care of your outside maintenance, lawn, painting etc. But there are several handymen and contractors, landscapers, who have been working in Riverwind for a long time and the residents are very loyal to them because they do a good job. 99% of the properties are extremely well kept and many are original owners, there are 2 foreclosures in there I believe, and of course, those will need some work. Other than that, there are some very good buys in there if you would be happy in a single family home in a nice walkable safe neighborhood. There are mountain views surrounding Riverwind; and you can see Jump Off Rock from there, as well as the ridgelines of the Blue Ridge Parkway to the west. It is exactly halfway between downtown Hendersonville and downtown Brevard, off Rt. 64; also easy access to Asheville, and to the AVL Airport off Rt. 280. There are many social activities, two clubhouses, and a nice pool. The only traffic is from residents and visitors, speed limit of 20mph is enforced.

Hope this helps.

Old 05-22-2013, 09:33 PM

10 posts, read 11,301 times
I'm glad to hear about Riverwind because I like a lot of what I have seen from there. Thanks for the info

Old 07-19-2013, 10:54 AM

2 posts, read 1,952 times
My husband and I are also looking for a 55+ community in the general Franklin area. If you know of some good ones to look at let me know. Can be as far away as Maggie Valley or even north Georgia. I just want to be around 4000 ft so Sky Valley would work.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina