Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-24-2013, 01:04 PM

8 posts, read 50,179 times

Advertisements

I will be in asheville for 3 days in mid June and I have never been there before. What are the must do's in my 3 day window. I'm willing to do anything within a days drive there and back, so it doesn't have to be in asheville per say. My interest lean more towards the outdoors stuff, hikes, landmarks, craft beer. I'm not so much into the arts and museums. Thanks in advance
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2013, 01:59 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,506,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by travel2436 View Post
I will be in asheville for 3 days in mid June and I have never been there before. What are the must do's in my 3 day window. I'm willing to do anything within a days drive there and back, so it doesn't have to be in asheville per say. My interest lean more towards the outdoors stuff, hikes, landmarks, craft beer. I'm not so much into the arts and museums. Thanks in advance

www.romanticasheville.com

www.downtownasheville.com

Old 05-24-2013, 04:07 PM

2,311 posts, read 1,844,218 times
If I go to Asheville to eat, I go to the Mellow Mushroom which is located downtown. Amazing food.

Old 05-24-2013, 05:20 PM

4,784 posts, read 10,587,845 times
-More good craft beers and beer joints than one can get to in a week, or two...
-Blue Ridge Parkway, great for driving, and several low impact hikes right off the road.
Best map of the BRP, scroll down the pdf to page 4, and zoomable, for A'ville area:
http://www.virtualblueridge.com/maps...arkway-map.pdf
-Hiking close to A'ville and other stuff to do:
Best Hiking Trails Near Asheville | Asheville, NC's Official Tourism Web Site
-If you haven't zip lined there is a good one 20+ mins north of A'ville. We have done it twice there. Call for rez, and it's about a little less than a half day deal. And, it's the real deal in terms of some long zips and canopy zipping:
Navitat Zipline Canopy Adventures | Asheville NC | Wrightwood CA - Navitat

QC's links and the ideas above, will give you options on TTD in A'ville area.
GL, mD

Last edited by motordavid; 05-24-2013 at 06:50 PM..

Old 05-24-2013, 08:34 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,506,462 times
A great trip is south on the Parkway to the Pisgah Inn for lunch and a hike to the falls at GraveYard Fields. Also to Mt. Mitchell highest point in Eastern US great views about an hour drive north up Parkway then over to Mt. Mitchell State Park. Check out link to Parkway map from MotorDavid you can see where things are located. Asheville has so much going on pick up a Mountain Express or Scene from one of the boxes around town to find out what's going on where. Have a great time!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina