Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-26-2013, 07:26 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,879,652 times

Advertisements

I am also wondering what the purpose of your inquiry was besides offending people and putting everyone in one or the other group ?
what I like about living here is that there are many people with not only two possible opinions. It has never been an 'issue' with my neighbors, who are only (estimated) 10% conservatives and the rest is a lovely mix of everything.
I don't wish for neighbors who want to MAKE this an issue. as someone said, 'live and let live' and since politics seem to be your biggest concern, this might not be your personal motto. I would hate to know you sitting here in a beautiful environment and being surrounded by whiny liberals, so you can't even step out of the house without a risk.

I actually know of a (in my opinion) pretty conservative area around here. but I am not telling you

Old 06-26-2013, 07:28 AM

425 posts, read 631,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
What is the purpose of your inquiry? moving to Asheville? or baiting a political argument?

"Attitude determines altitude".
You guys are the ones who seem to want to argue. You have not even tried to answer my question but choose to henpeck me about asking it in the first place. If you don't know or don't like my questions, you are free to just not respond to it.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:10 AM

729 posts, read 1,504,848 times
I'm a realtor. I'll answer your question. There is no "conservative" area. It's just Asheville and the surrounding cities and towns. Visit here and decide for yourself if you like the culture. It sounds like it may not be suited for you. It's not for everyone. That's for you to decide on your own. No one can answer that for you. Your original post is very troll like, IMHO. You get back what you put out.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:13 AM

252 posts, read 473,830 times
Well I just moved from Northwest AVL to close to the Biltmore Park area(not to be confused with Biltmore, Biltmore Forest, or Biltmore Lake). I moved primarily for easy access on & off the hwy since I drive so much for my job, & to be closer to Bent Creek Forest, and to get away from Patton Ave/Leicester Hwy. The friends I made in NW AVL were mostly conservatives, and we just didn't talk politics. They're great people & alot of fun. I can say that because we don't talk politics! So far, I've met mainly progressive thinking-people, dog, & tree-hugging liberals here near BP. You kind of test the waters first to see where people stand & whether or not talking politics/current events is an option. LOL

I pretty much wouldn't care for you ClemsonTiger as a neighbor because from what you've shown here on this forum, you may be incapable of live & let live with your neighbors. To be clear, that's off I26, exit 37, lots of liberals... I wouldn't hate you because you're conservative, but I might dislike you because you're abrasive, insulting, & rude.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by young92 View Post
I'm a realtor. I'll answer your question. There is no "conservative" area. It's just Asheville and the surrounding cities and towns. Visit here and decide for yourself if you like the culture. It sounds like it may not be suited for you. It's not for everyone. That's for you to decide on your own. No one can answer that for you. Your original post is very troll like, IMHO. You get back what you put out.
I see the same question asked in Greenville forums all the time, except it is a liberal asking it. I don't mind the question. It is basically trying to get a feel for the area.

If I wanted to troll, there was another question that I could have asked regarding Asheville.

You didn't answer my question and I care care less if you are a realtor. You are not spokesperson for Asheville.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingOver2 View Post
Well I just moved from Northwest AVL to close to the Biltmore Park area(not to be confused with Biltmore, Biltmore Forest, or Biltmore Lake). I moved primarily for easy access on & off the hwy since I drive so much for my job, & to be closer to Bent Creek Forest, and to get away from Patton Ave/Leicester Hwy. The friends I made in NW AVL were mostly conservatives, and we just didn't talk politics. They're great people & alot of fun. I can say that because we don't talk politics! So far, I've met mainly progressive thinking-people, dog, & tree-hugging liberals here near BP. You kind of test the waters first to see where people stand & whether or not talking politics/current events is an option. LOL

I pretty much wouldn't care for you ClemsonTiger as a neighbor because from what you've shown here on this forum, you may be incapable of live & let live with your neighbors. To be clear, that's off I26, exit 37, lots of liberals... I wouldn't hate you because you're conservative, but I might dislike you because you're abrasive, insulting, & rude.
I think you are the rude one and abrasive and insulting. All I did is ask a question about an area. I don't talk politics at work or really anywhere else except with people who I know are conservatives or at least libertarian or the occasional liberal who can debate things without wigging out as you and others on here do. I have a live and let live attitude, you seem to be the intolerant one. I don't have a problem with liberals in general, I just don't want to be one of the only conservatives in a sea of liberals. It's a numbers thing.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:53 AM

252 posts, read 473,830 times
Cognitive Dissonance? Read through your posts CT. Try. Try to see how you are coming across to others.

Old 06-26-2013, 08:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovingOver2 View Post
Cognitive Dissonance? Read through your posts CT. Try. Try to see how you are coming across to others.
I love how you guys always seem to settle on the same kind of talking point like cognitive dissonance.

If you can't answer my question or have no desire to or don't like the question, why respond to it? You seem to be contentious for no reason and just trying to pick a fight with me. The question didn't bother some of the people on here, just a few who want to get up on the soapbox. I don't dislike liberals as people, I just feel more comfortable around conservatives largely because many liberals cannot discuss politics without getting angry and hostile. I'm the most laid back non-abrasive person in the world.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:21 AM

1,530 posts, read 3,879,652 times
I am having serious trouble discussing politics with conservatives as well. maybe because in most of the cases they express their opinion and as soon as you are asking for facts to prove those ... there is quiet. or they are coming up with more 'opinions'.
but since you don't want to discuss politics anyway, this lack of possible future discussions should not stand in your way.

at the march against monsanto there were hundreds of people active in downtown. the turnout was much bigger than expected and it was a real JOY seeing people of all backgrounds, all ages, and all colors combined to stand up for something, they ALL see as very important.
that's what I was looking for when I did my research on Ashevilles mind set.

Old 06-26-2013, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenofbavaria View Post
I am having serious trouble discussing politics with conservatives as well. maybe because in most of the cases they express their opinion and as soon as you are asking for facts to prove those ... there is quiet. or they are coming up with more 'opinions'.
but since you don't want to discuss politics anyway, this lack of possible future discussions should not stand in your way.

at the march against monsanto there were hundreds of people active in downtown. the turnout was much bigger than expected and it was a real JOY seeing people of all backgrounds, all ages, and all colors combined to stand up for something, they ALL see as very important.
that's what I was looking for when I did my research on Ashevilles mind set.
this is probably the wrong website to ask this question just b/c it is skewed more to liberals b/c liberals think more about downtown areas than conservatives do in general.

i'm pretty sure I can win any debate with you and the other liberals on here, much like Romney in that 1st debate with Obama. Maybe Candi Crowley can show up and bail you out.

it doesn't seem logical to respond to a post if you aren't going to even try to answer the question. it's not helpful.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina