Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-19-2013, 10:55 PM

606 posts, read 1,978,207 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone!

Sorry I haven't been around, but this last year has had me in a bit of a limbo situation. I had moved from The Lenoir area, where I worked in Blowing Rock, to Brevard to care for my very ill sister. She is recovered and I'm back on track to move to . . . . MONTANA!!

I have one more short hop first, to Franklin, NC. I am purchasing an RV for the trip to Montana, but it needs to be repaired and remodeled. I couldn't have asked for a better motor/trans/chassis, but the superstructure is in sad shape. I am going to park it in a warehouse in Franklin for the winter and live in it while I work on the modifications. The warehouse has an office and a loft, and I was thrilled to find that someone had installed a bathtub and shower in the bathroom! So, my son will live in the office space and we will "camp" in the general garage area.

The two biggest projects are widening the RV door for handicap access and sealing the roof with bedliner. Then I get to start on the water damage . . . one section of floor and LOTS of paneling to replace!

Anyone here from Franklin that can help me with resources? I need an RV graveyard, A HFH Restore, Good Will, etc. I'm sure that there are RV dealers in the area that deal in equipment and such. I just need to find them. I have 10 days left to move . . .

Then, Montana in April! Gosh I love City-data!

Thanks Gang!

Tracey
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-20-2013, 11:17 AM

35,879 posts, read 77,478,949 times
WOW! What an adventure! I have so enjoyed your posts in the past.

I wish I could contribute some info on resources in Franklin, but I am in Boone.

I just wanted to say HELLO and wish you well on the next phase of your mission/ministry!

Old 11-20-2013, 02:54 PM

5,544 posts, read 8,313,570 times
And good luck to you in all things

Old 11-20-2013, 03:47 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,528,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by anifani821 View Post
WOW! What an adventure! I have so enjoyed your posts in the past.

I wish I could contribute some info on resources in Franklin, but I am in Boone.

I just wanted to say HELLO and wish you well on the next phase of your mission/ministry!
... what she said

Old 11-20-2013, 06:12 PM

1,324 posts, read 2,510,586 times
Montana is a beautiful place do you know where? Good luck with your adventure.

Old 11-20-2013, 06:54 PM

Hoping for Livingston, Park County. I am once again in the running for camp manager at Luccock Park Camp, a United Methodist Camp just south of Livingston. If I don't land this position, I'll look for something else. Montana's a BIG state!

Old 11-21-2013, 06:28 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,537,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hymnsinger View Post
Hoping for Livingston, Park County. I am once again in the running for camp manager at Luccock Park Camp, a United Methodist Camp just south of Livingston. If I don't land this position, I'll look for something else. Montana's a BIG state!
Fabulous ! this sounds like the perfect move for you. You know we are all sending you blessings and wishing you the very best as you transition. Be sure to keep in touch, and remember how special you are to all of us.

Old 11-21-2013, 12:45 PM

Aw . . . that's so sweet! It would be really cool to have a get-together before I leave! Who's up for a City-Data Party!?!?!?

Old 11-21-2013, 02:15 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,537,817 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hymnsinger View Post
Aw . . . that's so sweet! It would be really cool to have a get-together before I leave! Who's up for a City-Data Party!?!?!?

Yep ... name the place, time, great idea!

Old 11-22-2013, 05:56 AM

440 posts, read 1,092,478 times
Blessings & Favor your way on your new venture... & good luck w/ the rv!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina