Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2013, 05:55 PM

8,963 posts, read 8,916,759 times

Advertisements

No, I'm only 30 yrs old. I just never really cared that much about WCU- I just wanted to graduate and get out! And I couldn't ever remember if the town was called Sylva or Cullowhee, lol. Hahaha! What an impression I guess it made! Oh well! I turned out just fine! lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 06:30 PM

440 posts, read 1,092,549 times
Well we will be there on Sat. Even though we are excited about the move. It is happy/sad. I saw the moving truck this morning & almost started bawling! The movers were here most of today packing. Vehicles (except the truck we're driving w/trailor) will be loaded on the transport tomorrow....motorcycles most likely to. I believe the home items, loader/bulldozer/tractor will be done on Fri. It is 80ish degrees here............... holy moly what a difference it will be when we get there! :0)

Old 12-05-2013, 12:47 AM

606 posts, read 1,978,401 times
Just remember to dress in layers! It's ridiculously warm (for me) right now, 58. I woke up hot and turned on the AC! However, warm weather in the winter also means FOG, and it is nasty/soupy out tonight. My drive to Franklin and back the last two days has been a challenge! Going back in the morning . . . ugh. Can't wait.

Saturday will be WET but still relatively warm. The colder temps will hit us in the Mon/Tues time frame, with the possibility of snow showers, depending on how quickly the Gulf flow reestablishes itself. At this time, does not look like an ice event for us, but stay tuned! That could change!!

I too am making my move this week and it will be a challenge!! I have to find someone to move my horse for not too much money! Be safe and "see" you when you get here!! Remember . . . BREATHE, just breathe!

Tracey

Old 12-06-2013, 10:31 AM

3,767 posts, read 4,529,197 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PaintedLady View Post
...we will just miss Thanksgiving there. Should be up there the weekend of 12/6...that is our projected move date. Can't wait to be there. We have been taking all of my paintings down....all the stuff up high & on shelves preparing. Strange thinking we don't have to pack....moving comp will do it all...what a blessing! We close tomorrow (may be delayed til Tues.) on our new home in Sylva! YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ** We will be there to have Christmas in the Mountains...WoooHooo! **
How exciting. Congrats. What is your elevation Painted Lady?

Old 12-19-2013, 09:03 AM

440 posts, read 1,092,549 times
YES!! We have been layering as needed....even the Puppy kids & their sweaters. LOVE IT! We are at 3000 elevation & 5 miles from downtown. We feel very much at home already & it's not been quite 2 wks. I am still working some deals in Fl. & studying to take the NC RE exam now. I am itching to get going here.....RE & Art! I am soooooooooooo in LOVE with an old barn below our property...it will be a painting. I have my easel already set up by the window in our office...ready to start painting! I chomping at the bit to explore and really get to know the area. Met a very nice woman in the welcome center in Sylva...she also referred her church to us as we are looking for our home church among other things. Loving it here & feeling immensely BLESSED! Donna
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina