U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 12-16-2013, 02:24 PM
 
103 posts, read 142,766 times
Reputation: 103

Advertisements

Can anyone recommend a good home inspector in the Asheville area? I am buying an older home and just want to be sure that I have the full picture before signing on the dotted line.

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 12-16-2013, 02:31 PM
 
Location: Gods country
5,562 posts, read 4,344,334 times
Reputation: 7715
Hey Greatland where did you buy if you don't mind me asking? I am actively looking to buy in North Asheville.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2013, 02:50 PM
 
103 posts, read 142,766 times
Reputation: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Above Average Bear View Post
Hey Greatland where did you buy if you don't mind me asking? I am actively looking to buy in North Asheville.
I didn't buy yet. I am looking for an inspector.

If anyone can offer any suggestions, I would greatly appreciate it! Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2013, 03:08 PM
 
Location: Blue Ridge Mntns., NC
10,834 posts, read 15,135,946 times
Reputation: 9687
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missing_The_Greatland View Post
Can anyone recommend a good home inspector in the Asheville area? I am buying an older home and just want to be sure that I have the full picture before signing on the dotted line.

Thanks for your help!

Give a call to Advantage Inspection, owner is Dale Hansen. Highly recommended by many repeat customers.

(828) 890-4992 His office is in Hendersonville, but he goes to Asheville and just about everywhere. Also make sure you get a full wood boring insect inspection, and a radon inspection. A mold inspection is not mandatory, but worth having done. All three will run you a total of approx. $450.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2013, 04:33 PM
 
103 posts, read 142,766 times
Reputation: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Give a call to Advantage Inspection, owner is Dale Hansen. Highly recommended by many repeat customers.

(828) 890-4992 His office is in Hendersonville, but he goes to Asheville and just about everywhere. Also make sure you get a full wood boring insect inspection, and a radon inspection. A mold inspection is not mandatory, but worth having done. All three will run you a total of approx. $450.
Thanks, QuilterChick. I will give Advantage Inspection a call. All the things you mention are definitely worth the investment of a good inspection. Coming from Alaska, I have much to learn about this part of the country.

I appreciate your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 12-16-2013, 08:22 PM
 
Location: Gods country
5,562 posts, read 4,344,334 times
Reputation: 7715
Quote:
Originally Posted by Missing_The_Greatland View Post
Thanks, QuilterChick. I will give Advantage Inspection a call. All the things you mention are definitely worth the investment of a good inspection. Coming from Alaska, I have much to learn about this part of the country.

I appreciate your help!
Let us know how you make out, Good Luck!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top