Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2014, 12:24 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,522,515 times

Advertisements

Is there Jacuzzi suites in Banner Elk-Boone? Im thinking about coming up for Valentines Day weekend and would loved to rent one. Im not referring to whirlpool tubs that are basically a bath tub with jets (Made that disappointment before) also after Best Western ordeal I know rent far away from indoor pool.
Im not looking for the community bath tub jacuzzis by a indoor pool either.

If not I remember there is a few road side motels is any recommendations close to Seven Devils, Banner Elk or Grandfather Mountain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2014, 01:38 PM

4,790 posts, read 10,611,895 times
Not exactly a 'Jacuzzi suite', but the Village Inn in BR has some rooms with a hot tub on a mini deck...we have stayed there several times, sometimes with a room with tub, sometimes not. It is cozy for two, and slightly private with the fence and the room decks face a back yard of foliage.

Not sure how private it would be if the next door neighbors were on their deck having a pre or post dindin glass of wine, lol!
GL, mD

Village Inn of Blowing Rock (NC) - Hotel Reviews - TripAdvisor

Click through the set of pics: mini hot tub is about a dozen pics into the set...

Old 01-27-2014, 04:34 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,225,091 times
Pineola Inn has a sign "jaccuzi suites" Have fun

Old 01-27-2014, 05:30 PM

Good suggestions.. looking them up

For flip side anyone ever stay in the hole in wall road side motels?
Hidden Valley seems real close to Hawksnest but the downside is nothing around unless grab something at the Garden Center next door

Old 01-27-2014, 06:07 PM

3,767 posts, read 4,530,058 times
Hey, the Hillwinds Inn in Blowing Rock has a room with a two person jaccuzi.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:19 PM

4,218 posts, read 8,530,941 times
Smoketree Lodge is the closest place to stay near Seven Devils. It's on Hwy 105 about a mile south of the entrance to Seven Devils It has a heated indoor pool and jacuzzi for the whole hotel, but not in any individual rooms. It's an older place but if you are looking for cheap.....

Good places to eat in the Foscoe area for breakfast or lunch are Country Corner (Citgo station) and Grandview (right across from the entrance to Seven Devils). For dinner you could go into Boone or just a couple of miles down Hwy 105 toward Banner Elk are Smokey's Smokehouse (was originally Pappy's Barbecue - still has basically same menu), Nick's Deli and Valle de Bravo Mexican Grill next to Rite-Aid. If you don't mind driving 2-3 miles further, turn the corner at Tynecastle and go toward Banner Elk. Go past Sugar Mtn, and just before you get to Lowe's Home Improvement, on the left in the Great Train Robbery building (the old glove factory) is a wonderful Mexican restaurant named Puerto Nuevo. You can get fresh quacamole made to order at your table. They also serve seafood, but we always get the Mexican food.

If you want fast food, there's Quiznos and McDonalds across the road from Nick's and Rite-Aid at Tynecastle, also a Lowe's Foods.

P.S. I've never stayed at Hidden Valley in Foscoe, but the way they maintain their massive flower garden in the summer would seem to indicate a well-maintained motel. And they've been there a long time, for what that's worth.

Last edited by roadpony; 01-27-2014 at 06:35 PM..

Old 01-27-2014, 06:23 PM

Booya, oo lala sorry, I saw the link to their Castle, I need to win Lottery then have a city data Masquerade Ball .

Im exploring all options and may reserve at last minute because NC weather changes daily in the winter.
I was planning on going tubing a Hawknest, granted tubing is different than skiing as it doesnt matter on condition of snow as much.

These are awesome recommendations.

Old 01-27-2014, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
Smoketree Lodge is the closest place to stay near Seven Devils. It's on Hwy 105 about a mile south of the entrance to Seven Devils It has a heated indoor pool and jacuzzi for the whole hotel, but not in any individual rooms. It's an older place but if you are looking for cheap.....

Good places to eat in the Foscoe area for breakfast or lunch are Country Corner (Citgo station) and Grandview (right across from the entrance to Seven Devils). For dinner you could go into Boone or just a couple of miles down Hwy 105 toward Banner Elk are Smokey's Smokehouse (was originally Pappy's Barbecue - still has basically same menu), Nick's Deli and a Mexican place (can't remember the name) next to Rite-Aid. If you don't mind driving 2-3 miles further, turn the corner at Tynecastle and go toward Banner Elk. In the Great Train Robbery building (the old glove factory) is a wonderful Mexican restaurant named Puerto Nuevo. You can get fresh quacamole made to order at your table. They also serve seafood, but we always get the Mexican food.

If you want to eat really cheap, there's Quiznos and McDonalds across the road from Nick's and Rite-Aid at Tynecastle, also a Lowe's Food.
Breakfast at a gas station. mmm mm Im pickin... I love these recommendations something GPS or smartphone, or sites like Yelp are unable to do narrow down when it involves mountains.

Those are good rates too and thanks for restaurant recommendations as I am always in charge of where to eat and your recommendations is what I seek (partner does chains)

Is Avery a dry county?

Old 01-27-2014, 08:39 PM

Oh dear and figures but not complaining lol but I just saw a long range forecast and NC is expected to be above normal, which I can tube in mud but Myrtle Beach might be tempting.

Old 01-28-2014, 08:14 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,530,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Breakfast at a gas station. mmm mm Im pickin... I love these recommendations something GPS or smartphone, or sites like Yelp are unable to do narrow down when it involves mountains.

Those are good rates too and thanks for restaurant recommendations as I am always in charge of where to eat and your recommendations is what I seek (partner does chains)

Is Avery a dry county?
Foscoe Country Corner is not "just" a gas station. It's a country store that's been an institution in the Foscoe community for many years. They have groceries, etc. in the front of the store, and a lunch counter/café in the back. They have their own smoker on the property. My hubby eats there frequently. He's picky about barbecue and likes theirs.

Unincorporated areas of Avery County are dry, but most, if not all, restaurants that serve dinner are part of a municipality and have full ABC permits. If you think congressional districts are gerrymandered, you should see how some of these restaurants get connected to a municipality by a slender thread.

Depending on what you like, other restaurants to consider:

Bayou Smokehouse - downtown Banner Elk - owners have Louisiana/Texas roots and serve Cajun, brisket, and other selections - not expensive.

Bella's - Italian - in the Food Lion Shopping Center on Tynecastla Highway before you get to Sugar Mtn. - a little bit pricey, but very popular with locals and visitors.

Painted Fish Café & Beer Bar - directly across from entrance to Sugar Mtn. - casual but high end.

All of these and the others I mentioned earlier have web sites that you can google or are on Facebook.

Don't sweat the long-range forecast. Things can change quickly up here. Be sure to use Ray's Weather. He's the best for the High Country. Besides, unless there is an extended warm and rainy spell, there should be plenty of snow for tubing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina