Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-02-2014, 04:12 PM

105 posts, read 172,924 times

Advertisements

My contract is up with Verizon Wireless. I'd like to lower my monthly bill and get away from their overpriced data plans. I'm currently living near Downtown Asheville, but will be working/moving to Swannanoa & the Black Mountain area in the Spring.

Thank you

Edit: Oh c'mon, let me edit the title so I spell Swannanoa correctly....oh well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-03-2014, 03:01 PM

1,291 posts, read 1,598,482 times
T-Mobile is bad almost everywhere in North Carolina. It is even worse than bad in the mountains though.

I too wish I could dump Verizon, but the coverage is just so good. AT&T is not shabby either, though.

Old 02-03-2014, 06:21 PM

52 posts, read 120,904 times
We switched from Sprint to T-mobile when we moved to East Asheville last June and it's worked great for us so far. We were unable to get any signal inside of our home when we first moved here with Sprint so we decided to get the no contract T-mobile plan that you can pay for month to month just to be sure it actually worked inside our home and we've been very happy with it.

We do lose signal sometimes up in higher elevations while hiking but never around town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina