Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-18-2014, 11:00 PM

6 posts, read 9,888 times

Advertisements

Friends

No Hurry required on answer - next summer I will be in North Carolina looking for a place to retire. I am interested in purchasing a new (no more than 4 year old) Double Wide Mobile Home (1500 sq ft min) with shaded veranda and covered area for vehicle.

Ideal location would be in mountains or wooded area in a well maintained crime free complex.

I know it sounds like I am asking for the "impossible" but I prefer to have a positive additude in these matters and hope that someone can point me in the right direction.

Would appreciate any constructive comments and/or advice.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-19-2014, 05:53 AM

13,323 posts, read 26,790,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpen826 View Post
Ideal location would be in mountains or wooded area in a well maintained crime free complex.
Are you interested in a 55+ community? If so, there is an attractive one in Hendersonville with a view of apple orchards. It is called Dana-Hill. There is also an all-ages community called White Oak Village with newer homes.

You probably should narrow down the city or town you want first, then look for a home second. There are MHP's and lots all over the western part of the state.

Last edited by goldenage1; 05-19-2014 at 06:05 AM..

Old 05-19-2014, 06:59 AM

1,603 posts, read 3,237,217 times
There's also another really nice one in Hendersonville called Magnolia Place it's on Fruitland Road just past North Henderson High School. I used to know this retired couple that lived over there and I always thought it looked like a really nice place.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:17 AM

13,323 posts, read 26,790,731 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Halo_in_reverse View Post
There's also another really nice one in Hendersonville called Magnolia Place it's on Fruitland Road just past North Henderson High School. I used to know this retired couple that lived over there and I always thought it looked like a really nice place.
I saw another place in Hendersonville called Riverwind that is also 55+. They are really manufactured homes on foundations with prices up to $175K.

Old 05-19-2014, 07:46 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,419,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpen826 View Post
Friends

No Hurry required on answer - next summer I will be in North Carolina looking for a place to retire. I am interested in purchasing a new (no more than 4 year old) Double Wide Mobile Home (1500 sq ft min) with shaded veranda and covered area for vehicle.

I know it sounds like I am asking for the "impossible" but I prefer to have a positive additude in these matters and hope that someone can point me in the right direction.

Would appreciate any constructive comments and/or advice.

Here is the website for an excellent over 55 retirement community just outside of Hendersonville. There are very few parks/retirement community where you can own you home including owning your land. It will depend on your budget and what type of amenities and activities you enjoy. Riverwind has a beautiful club house and pool, and all the homes are well maintained. Take a look at the "real estate" page showing homes that are on the market currently. Then you can take the MLS #'s and search Realtor.com for interior photos.

www.riverwindhoa.com

Old 05-19-2014, 08:00 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,419,141 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldenage1 View Post
I saw another place in Hendersonville called Riverwind that is also 55+. They are really manufactured homes on foundations with prices up to $175K.

Yes, it's one of the nicest in the area. The manufactured homes range currently up to $139,000 on a cul de sac. The higher priced homes are about 6 yrs. old, and are modular homes (not mfd. homes).

Just from March to date, there were 7 homes sold in Riverwind according to the MLS. It is always best to own the land when purchasing a mfd. home. White Oak Village residents also own their land, but there are no amenities in there unfortunately, and home prices are higher. Dana Hill mfd. homes are hit or miss as far as condition and age, and residents pay a monthly lot rent of $315. because their homes are on leased land. Magnolia Place is mostly singlewide older mfd. homes on leased land. Jaymar is an RV park. Riverwind also has land within the subdivision set aside (and hidden) for residents who own RV's and motorcoaches, those parking spots are maintained by the HOA and included in the low monthly fee of $80 paid by all homeowners. The rules and regs etc. and social calendar are on the website.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina