Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-05-2014, 08:00 PM

395 posts, read 462,929 times

Advertisements

Hello everyone- First let me say that it has been a great help to read all the posts answered by so many people that have lived in the area of Asheville and its surroundings. I have learned A LOT from those posts both before and after taking trips to WNC. We are moving from CT and have found a house that looks suitable for us in Waynesville. Now the possible dilemma: My son loves the sport of lacrosse and it does not look like the high school in Waynesville has a team. I know there is a lacrosse club in Asheville, but that is a bit far to make the drive for practice 4 days per week back and forth. Does anyone happen to know of any lacrosse teams or clubs in the Waynesville area or somewhere closer than Asheville? Any ideas would be greatly appreciated.
One other question: I noticed in Hendersonville that there are many restaurants that offer outside dining on South and North Main Street. I haven't been to the Main Street in Waynesville yet but having taken the "google-man" down the street, I haven't seen any outside dining places. Are the outside dining areas there in the back more or does Waynesville simply not really have any restaurants that offer outside dining? Or did I simply not take the "google-man" for a long enough walk... Thank you again for your help.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-06-2014, 06:14 AM
RVT

367 posts, read 771,901 times
One outside dining place that I know of is the "Chef's Table" on Church Street. The outside dining is in the back so it's not really visible on Google street view.

Old 06-06-2014, 06:23 AM

4,790 posts, read 10,611,895 times
Wine Seller has a courtyard dining area; may be the same one RVT wrote of above.
Panacea Coffee & Café has some outside seating: it is down below Main St in Frog Level section. Looks a bit like something out of the '60s, but lunch food is very good and creative.
Waynesville CC has some outside seating sometimes at their Sports Bar and Cork and Cleaver. Food and service there is somewhat 'mixed' in my experience.

Surprisingly, those are the only el fresco joints I know of, in W'ville.

Do not know of any Lacrosse clubs in area. Small town here.
Hope you come to like and enjoy Waynesville!
GL, mD

Old 06-07-2014, 04:27 AM

395 posts, read 462,929 times
Thank you for the information. I guess not every town can have everything. It looks like we will be traveling to Asheville for most of our outdoor dining as well as my son's lacrosse practices, etc.. Asheville has a lacrosse club that anyone can join - from children to adults.

Old 06-07-2014, 05:23 PM

2,103 posts, read 4,471,745 times
Check sylva. I know there is a team and club at WCU so that might translate into one existing in the area for highschool too.

Old 06-08-2014, 08:59 AM

95 posts, read 171,063 times
Pasquale's on South Main Street has outside dining.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina