Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-14-2014, 03:51 AM

1,096 posts, read 1,046,229 times

Advertisements

Please share the press release below, and encourage attendance by people with disabilities and people representing people with disabilities.
Janet Barlow
Accessible Design for the Blind

Subject: Oct. 25 Symposium draws community into mobility planning
Date: October 9, 2014

City of Asheville

Transportation Department

Phone: 828-232-4528

Oct. 25 Symposium draws community into mobility planning
ASHEVILLE – Everyone needs to get around. That’s the simple idea behind Asheville In Motion, an evolving and exciting community-based initiative designed to increase access to all forms of transportation.

On October 25, the public is encouraged to participate in a symposium on Asheville’s transportation future. The event will feature a panel discussion, community exercises and opportunities to let the community know your biggest priorities for mobility in Asheville.

Input and information will become part of the city’s AIM mobility plan, which will meet Asheville’s growth and transportation needs by changing how we think about getting around.

“In the past, we have thought of sidewalks, bicycle infrastructure and streets as being in different silos,” says Transportation Manager Mariate Echeverry. “The best way to build a mobility network that gives attention to all forms of transportation is to examine them in a holistic, interconnected way.”

Better mobility means easier access to jobs, better neighborhood connectivity, a boost to business, and a safe, healthy, sustainable transportation system. Help Asheville take AIM at the future of mobility by attending this exciting event.

The Asheville In Motion symposium will take place Saturday, October 25 in the U.S. Cellular Center Banquet Hall from 9:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. Find more information about Asheville In Motion here.

This press release can be found here.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-14-2014, 03:52 AM

(I'm not any of these people; I just got forwarded this message.)

Old 10-15-2014, 06:43 PM

45 posts, read 52,396 times
Thank you for sharing it. I just happened to wander into the forum tonight and saw this! I hope I can get there!

Old 10-15-2014, 08:48 PM

45 posts, read 52,396 times
If you get info like this that applies to Buncombe County, please share it too. I live in Swannanoa, so it would probably be more relevant!

Old 10-16-2014, 03:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gentlespirit512 View Post
If you get info like this that applies to Buncombe County, please share it too. I live in Swannanoa, so it would probably be more relevant!
x2. I'm always hearing about things AFTER they happen.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina