Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-12-2008, 05:12 PM

8 posts, read 28,311 times

Advertisements

I'm going up to the Piney Creek area on Feb. 16-18. I'm driving up from South Florida. Should I expect any problems with ice and/or snow? I have been in rough weather before, but never driven on ice or snow.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-12-2008, 05:27 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,993,372 times
Way too early to predict the local weather conditions that far in advance.

Old 01-12-2008, 08:01 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralphm View Post
I'm going up to the Piney Creek area on Feb. 16-18. I'm driving up from South Florida. Should I expect any problems with ice and/or snow? I have been in rough weather before, but never driven on ice or snow.
It may be sunny and 70 degrees, or it may be 7 degrees with a foot of snow,

If you have never driven in snow, please don't.

Old 01-21-2008, 07:15 AM

94 posts, read 433,578 times
Ralph M,

We went up to Piney Creek/ Sparta last year for Christmas from Miami too. The Mountains where beautiful, but the ride was really crazy. My husband kept complaining of his neck and shoulders hurting for the entire month when we got back.....it was because he was holding on so tight to the stearing wheel. He said he would have felt better if we had a 4 x4.

Are you going for vacation or are you looking to move? We originally went to look at buying a second home. Instead, we decided we really do want to move to NC, but are hoping to move to the Triangle Area. Miami just isn't what it use to be.

Good luck with your trip, be safe.

Old 01-21-2008, 12:32 PM

8 posts, read 28,311 times
Thanks for you response Jerseymiami,

We are going up to check the area for a second home. I'll let you know what we find. Any ideas? Did you see any you liked when you were up there?

Thanks again...

Old 01-22-2008, 09:10 AM

94 posts, read 433,578 times
Ralph,

I loved Piney Creek. I have kids and loved the idea of the Recreation Center/ and Pool. There where also kids walking around, so I thought that would be great. Some of the houses where built on these steep cliffs, and getting in and out of the driveways proved a challenge..........definetly not for me. Personally, I didn't get this whole thing where you would be buying 1 acre - but it was on a slope....it was like buying an acre of air . On the other hand, my husband like Sparta better, he really dislikes HOA's. We met a really nice Cuban REaltor who is originally from Pembroke Pines, she showed us around and told us there where alot more of us moving into the area...We are kind of like weeds, aren't we??? She even started a Cuban Club and has about 100 members! I know of another couple here in Miami who have bought in Piney Creek, and although they are still in the building stage, also love it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina