Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-09-2015, 08:51 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,037,396 times

Advertisements

I've looked on the "usual" sites such as VRBO, and I am finding lots of nightly or weekly rentals, but am looking for a longer term rental - like June - Sept.
Is there a good site for finding asheville rentals?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2015, 09:07 PM

8,093 posts, read 6,717,343 times
Keep looking as there may be more longer term rentals coming online. The city is stepping up enforcement for illegal short term rentals. These short term people in order to comply with the law will have to rent for 30 days or more.

Old 04-10-2015, 12:08 PM

4,784 posts, read 10,571,640 times
Asheville only, or outer surrounding towns?

There are several summer rentals in Laurel Ridge CC area of Waynesville, esp Smoky Mtn Retreat on Eagles Nest Mtn.
Some very nice homes, at altitude, but none that I know of would considered to be 'cheap' seasonal rental pricing...

If you want a link, DM me. No motive, other than offering a site from a builder/developer friend, and it is legit.
GL, mD

Old 04-10-2015, 01:54 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,477,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
I've looked on the "usual" sites such as VRBO, and I am finding lots of nightly or weekly rentals, but am looking for a longer term rental - like June - Sept.
Is there a good site for finding asheville rentals?

Price range? area? activities? There are some good property management companies and rental agents here if you can be more specific.

Old 04-10-2015, 08:59 PM

1,695 posts, read 3,037,396 times
Asheville, close to or IN downtown area, 2 - 3 BR's, 2 bths, and somewhere between 2 - 5K/mo, depending on the place.

Where do the property management cos advertise their places?

Old 04-11-2015, 06:59 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,477,898 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coachgns View Post
Asheville, close to or IN downtown area, 2 - 3 BR's, 2 bths, and somewhere between 2 - 5K/mo, depending on the place.

Where do the property management cos advertise their places?

Try the Asheville paper: www.citizen-times.com also: www.mountainx.com

You may have better luck taking a 6-month lease in one of the nice apartment complexes in the area.
www.apartmentguide.com and so forth. Unless you only want a resort area, but that will not be close to downtown. Try this: www.romanticasheville.com for possible seasonal rentals. Your budget seems adequate.

Some of the large real estate franchises have rental divisions, or have agents that own properties or are knowledgeable about property management companies in the Asheville area.

Old 04-14-2015, 12:30 PM

88 posts, read 82,936 times
I've known some vacation property owners to market exclusively on Craigslist. That's a bit dubious sometimes, but if you have a good sense of what's legitimate you can make it work and it's less spam-heavy on the vacation side.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina