Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2016, 04:50 PM

1,912 posts, read 3,208,670 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
have you spent a winter in boone yet?
The High Country in the winter is MAGICAL!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2016, 05:44 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,412,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdyGourmet View Post
Good advice ... I guess we just didn't have the right realtor working with us. Thanks!

Maybe so, or they didn't market it properly. Many agents are actually 'afraid' to tell sellers a realistic price. Usually they have not been in the profession long enough to be able to get that across to folks, and they are afraid of losing the listing. Well, duh, if it doesn't sell, they've lost the listing anyways, and also lost a lot of time and effort and if they had good buyers, they lost those buyers who bought something else. You have to have enough confidence to tell sellers the straight scoop, and price it to sell based on: price, location, condition. Best wishes, get an agent who is (a) a native of the area, or (b) has been living here for a long time and has sold a large volume of property year after year. Let us know how things go.

Old 07-27-2016, 07:39 AM

231 posts, read 226,846 times
Not an entire winter... But I've spent one week last February and three other trips for nearly a week at various times in the winter.

Old 07-27-2016, 09:14 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,476,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Postal77 View Post
Not an entire winter... But I've spent one week last February and three other trips for nearly a week at various times in the winter.
If you didn't move to FL from a colder climate, the winters may take some adjustment. However, if you and your family are snow sport participants (ski, snowboard, etc.) you will learn that there is always innner conflict all winter long between wanting it cold for snow making and paying the heating bills. For my hubby and me, the cold weather and occaisonal snow storm always win out.

Old 07-27-2016, 10:32 PM

231 posts, read 226,846 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
If you didn't move to FL from a colder climate, the winters may take some adjustment. However, if you and your family are snow sport participants (ski, snowboard, etc.) you will learn that there is always innner conflict all winter long between wanting it cold for snow making and paying the heating bills. For my hubby and me, the cold weather and occaisonal snow storm always win out.
Yes indeed. We are moving here because of the snow.

If i had my way, it would be to Colorado. But my wife won't move there. Boone is the snowiest place she has agreed to. She's from Missouri so she's accustomed to some snow.

Old 08-12-2016, 02:38 PM

69 posts, read 98,059 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_guy View Post
have you spent a winter in boone yet?
Many. We've lived in Boone, Blowing Rock and now Deep Gap. We built our current home six years ago east of the Blue Ridge so we could enjoy longer falls, milder winters and a earlier spring season. Commute to Boone is 20 +/- minutes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina