Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2017, 01:15 PM

1,571 posts, read 2,968,943 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CheBoludo View Post
Wow. Maybe this explains why the drivers here are so terrible! Also, people going 22 miles over the speed limit.

most of the drivers are made up of people who arent from here. Ive learned that if the plate is from Florida, Georgia, and most states up north, you better watch them closely.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2017, 05:12 PM

78 posts, read 101,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wcu25rs View Post
most of the drivers are made up of people who arent from here. Ive learned that if the plate is from Florida, Georgia, and most states up north, you better watch them closely.
I agree! And I'm from up north (sort of). I'd say less than half the drivers I encounter during the day use turn signals. And everybody speeds.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:10 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,544,173 times
And ... they love to blow their horns ! yikes.

Old 05-17-2017, 06:14 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,164,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Somewhere around 45%. $58 x 1.45 = $84. And that lasts for 3 years. So, the total amount would be $936. Plus, 70 in a 55 gets a 30 day license suspension from NC DMV.
Per car owned.

Old 05-18-2017, 01:52 PM

Quote:
I agree! And I'm from up north (sort of). I'd say less than half the drivers I encounter during the day use turn signals. And everybody speeds.

what gets me is the fear that grips them(and you can definitely tell by the way they drive) when they hit a curvy mountain road. I mean I get it, not every place has mountain roads, but still, people should be expected to do the speed limit, at the very least.

Old 05-18-2017, 05:13 PM

1,555 posts, read 2,520,476 times
Quote:
what gets me is the fear that grips them(and you can definitely tell by the way they drive) when they hit a curvy mountain road. I mean I get it, not every place has mountain roads, but still, people should be expected to do the speed limit, at the very least.
The visiting folks from wherever maybe taking in the mountain scenery, unless there is a minimum
speed limit posted, one has the right to drive at whatever speed that they wish. If constantly driving at posted speeds was required, then I would be guilty.

Old 05-20-2017, 10:50 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,552,407 times
Quote:
Wow. Maybe this explains why the drivers here are so terrible! Also, people going 22 miles over the speed limit.
When I lived in Greensboro back in the Dark Ages, >20 over was 'reckless driving'

Old 05-20-2017, 10:54 AM

8,977 posts, read 17,552,407 times
Quote:
Well, that's an interesting approach to the laws of physics...add in a little wet pavement and some blind curves and I'll bet you're a HOOT

Old 05-22-2017, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgrasser View Post
The visiting folks from wherever maybe taking in the mountain scenery, unless there is a minimum
speed limit posted, one has the right to drive at whatever speed that they wish. If constantly driving at posted speeds was required, then I would be guilty.

that's true to a degree. But if you cant take in mountain scenery and keep at least to the posted speed limit(which lets face it...most speed limits are outdated and too slow) which is usually at 35 or 40 mph on alot of curvy roads, then I'm not sure that person should be behind the wheel of a car, because doing those two things are not hard to do in the least. Now, on a road with ample pulloffs for slower traffic, I dont have much problem with someone going under the posted limit IF they are courteous enough to pull over and let faster traffic by.

Old 05-22-2017, 01:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10scoachrick View Post
Well, that's an interesting approach to the laws of physics...add in a little wet pavement and some blind curves and I'll bet you're a HOOT
I mean, yeah in some serious hairpins, doing the posted 35 might be tricky....lol. I think my attitude is just born from growing up here and learning to drive here. It's just second nature. But it isnt to everyone, which makes tourist season a test in patience
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina