U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-10-2008, 10:27 AM

2 posts, read 4,775 times

Advertisements

My hubby and I are looking in WNC for a nice campground to buy so we can help introduce families to the outdoors and all the wonders there are to discover while getting dirty. We want to raise our kids away from the cell phone addicted,texting, crummy attitude, spoiled brats we currently find. We have been looking for over a year in Henderson and surrounding counties and find a lot of the people in WNC to be more down to earth and friendly than we imagined possible. We came close to finding a place in Bat Cave but found the terms were not good. Is there a need for family camping places in WNC and if so, how are the zoning depts? I find a lot of R and R1 zoning but nothing that claims itself suitable for campgrounds. I understand no one wants more gated communities, least of all me. I want to make a place for visitors and locals to come and play, learn and explore. We plan to run educational workshops based on the outdoors and environmental issues. We don't want to come in and change the area we actually want to preserve the natural beauty of the mountains by showing people how terrific they are and how to enjoy the area without desrtoying it.
any advice or response will be appreciated.
Thanks,
Monica
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2008, 12:36 PM

648 posts, read 2,738,547 times
My family and I will be looking for your new endeavor. There are a lot of GREAT public camping areas in this region, but I don't know of a commercial venture geared toward families. I believe the market would be there, maybe not as much from locals as from families from Charlotte and Atlanta that look to escape the concrete jungle.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina