Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2017, 06:53 PM

12,626 posts, read 32,061,351 times

Advertisements

What are some subdivisions with smaller homes (1400 sq ft or less) in Asheville that offer a pool?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 05:41 AM

4,789 posts, read 10,610,355 times
Deja vu all over again...
Public pools or subdivisions where you can get a membership in Asheville?

Last edited by motordavid; 09-19-2017 at 06:05 AM..

Old 09-19-2017, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
That was more or less about public pools. This is more specific to subdivisions and one's that have smaller homes Is it not common around here?

Old 09-19-2017, 07:49 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,539,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post
What are some subdivisions with smaller homes (1400 sq ft or less) in Asheville that offer a pool?

Do you mean a community pool? or homes with pools? There are some over 55 (age) communities that have a pool. There is one in Etowah between Hendersonville and Brevard, very nice. Why Asheville? and what price range?

Old 09-19-2017, 11:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
Do you mean a community pool? or homes with pools? There are some over 55 (age) communities that have a pool. There is one in Etowah between Hendersonville and Brevard, very nice. Why Asheville? and what price range?
Community pool. We are in our mid/late forties. Otherwise, it would be great.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:14 PM

3,444 posts, read 2,817,521 times
You might need to move to someplace like Charlotte or Raleigh for something like that. I think (and could be wrong) that it doesn't get as hot here as down in the Raleigh or Charlotte area, so pools aren't a huge draw. Plus there are lots of rivers to get your fix in. I know when we were first looking up here, I wanted a house with a pool. Now I know a pool would be a waste for us at our elevation. Too cool most of the year, we might have 20 days a year that hit 80 degrees. So unless you heat it, it's not worth it. But hot tubs are very popular up here!

Old 09-20-2017, 06:50 AM

1,998 posts, read 4,608,687 times
Becky, I think you are from the Upstate - my wife and I have nearly moved to the Asheville area (twice) in the past 8+ years - each time we investigate real estate (esp south suburbs/towns, Arden, Fletcher, etc) - notable differences in Greenville/Upstate and Asheville: the Upstate has more expansive subdivisions and more neighborhood/community pools (simply because the Upstate is more populated) - as you know summer/competitive swimming is HUGE in Greenville County - I feel that swimming is not as popular in Asheville as it is in lower elevation cites (as goldenlove pointed out) - I have 2 kids that are competitive swimmers - IMO, the Asheville metro does not have the level of swim teams/coaches that the Upstate offers (additionally, Asheville does not have a public aquatics center like Greenville's Westside Aquatics) - this is one reason we didn't move to Asheville

Last edited by drfranklin; 09-20-2017 at 07:25 AM..

Old 09-20-2017, 08:16 AM

96 posts, read 112,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beckycat View Post

Blacksmith Run in Hendersonville has a pool and I am pretty sure they had house options right at or under 1400 sqft. Not sure how much you would find currently for sale, but they are building in there and opening a second phase.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drfranklin View Post
Becky, I think you are from the Upstate - my wife and I have nearly moved to the Asheville area (twice) in the past 8+ years - each time we investigate real estate (esp south suburbs/towns, Arden, Fletcher, etc) - notable differences in Greenville/Upstate and Asheville: the Upstate has more expansive subdivisions and more neighborhood/community pools (simply because the Upstate is more populated) - as you know summer/competitive swimming is HUGE in Greenville County - I feel that swimming is not as popular in Asheville as it is in lower elevation cites (as goldenlove pointed out) - I have 2 kids that are competitive swimmers - IMO, the Asheville metro does not have the level of swim teams/coaches that the Upstate offers (additionally, Asheville does not have a public aquatics center like Greenville's Westside Aquatics) - this is one reason we didn't move to Asheville
I am seeing this. There definitely are more community pools in the Upstate. They do have a few scattered public pools in the Asheville area but the days and hours are limited. The reason I like a pool is of course to cool off in the summer but also like it as a meeting spot to hang out with neighbors. I just like a neighborhood with a community feel where everyone gets to know one another and they plan events. I like the river too but it's nice to have a pool at your doorstep The river is more like a day trip thing.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyStark View Post
Blacksmith Run in Hendersonville has a pool and I am pretty sure they had house options right at or under 1400 sqft. Not sure how much you would find currently for sale, but they are building in there and opening a second phase.
I prefer to be in Asheville but I will definitely check it out Thanks for letting me know
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina