Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2017, 02:55 PM

1,751 posts, read 1,348,305 times

Advertisements

A special occasion is coming up, and I'm in search of a restaurant that offers Beef Wellington, and haven't had any luck. A post 3 years ago asks the same thing, but in Asheville (and the restaurant did a twist on the wellington, it seems).

Online menus don't list it at Postero, Renzos, Seasons, etc. Anyone know who might have it?

Also, a very well behaved 3 yr old will be with us, so if the restaurant objects to children, that's out.

Thanks in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 04:01 PM

4,787 posts, read 10,601,388 times
A link from 3 yrs ago...not much luck or info, then. Probably not much currently, either.
Beef Wellington in Asheville?

Old 09-25-2017, 05:26 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,528,410 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crusinsusan View Post
A special occasion is coming up, and I'm in search of a restaurant that offers Beef Wellington, and haven't had any luck. A post 3 years ago asks the same thing, but in Asheville (and the restaurant did a twist on the wellington, it seems).

Online menus don't list it at Postero, Renzos, Seasons, etc. Anyone know who might have it?

Also, a very well behaved 3 yr old will be with us, so if the restaurant objects to children, that's out.

Thanks in advance.

In Hendersonville, your best bet would be to actually call the above restaurants for a special order. I do know that The Seasons over at Highland Lake will require a deposit on such orders, and maybe even give you a special room depending on the number of guests. Worth a call to the manager(s). Best wishes on the occasion.

Also try Ruth's Chris in Biltmore Park, Asheville. Biltmore Estate has a few high end restaurants, check their website and call. Try The Red Stag Grille at the Grand Bohemian Hotel. Check this website also and look for the high end restaurant possibilities: www.avleats.com

Old 09-25-2017, 05:36 PM

4,787 posts, read 10,601,388 times
This Yelp list may help...the Net is an remarkable source.

https://www.yelp.com/search?find_des...sheville%2C+NC

Old 09-25-2017, 05:50 PM

MD...yes, I've been to yelp: nothing in H'ville; and in A'ville reviews of the BW point out the restaurants "take" on BW...or that it was an appetizer. Also wrote in my first post about the 3 yr old BW post. I do thank you for looking though.

QC...yes, I guess I will have to call around, which oddly enough I did 10 yrs or so ago, and someplace was willing to make it...then there was a dusting of snow the day of our reservations! And they called us to see if we were still coming. My party wanted to cancel. An odd thing for this NYer! lol. Seasons might be just the ticket. Haven't been there in 5 years.

Thanks for the best wishes. It's a "I've Finally Landed" dinner.

Old 09-26-2017, 08:56 AM

411 posts, read 613,871 times
Go to TripAdvisor and search "beef Wellington" for Hendersonville. Several results came up in reviews, but you may need to go to Asheville.

Old 09-27-2017, 04:48 AM

279 posts, read 533,712 times
That is so labor intensive. I know because I do it on my son's birthday. He looks at me like I'm Kitchen God. Let me know if you find it.

And if you want to try Fresh Market often has two for one specials on tenderloins after the major holidays.

Old 09-27-2017, 02:44 PM

It is *very* labor intensive, which is why I don't want to make it. lol. I did it twice in my life. Pastry sheets and I do not get along. But thanks for the tip on the Fresh Market, I might take it, but not for wellington. lol

Old 09-28-2017, 08:37 AM

212 posts, read 265,073 times
I know this won't help but... I had Gordon Ramsey's Beef Wellington at his Steak house in Vegas a few years back and I think I went to another dimension. LOL If you find it here, let us know. Best bet is going to be Ruth Chris (they do it on special occasions).

Old 09-28-2017, 05:48 PM

OMG, I am envious: Gordon Ramsey's Beef Wellington (I hope you didn't hear him yelling!)

Perhaps someday.

Thanks for the tip about Ruth's Chris Steakhouse. I'm sure I'll hit it up sometime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina