Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-28-2008, 05:29 PM

152 posts, read 622,593 times

Advertisements

Does anyone know anything good/bad regarding this community in Mills River?
My husband and are I looking at a couple of homes for sale in there.
Many thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2008, 11:58 AM

116 posts, read 445,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy02 View Post
Many thanks
High Vista is very pretty. Our realtor lives there and has for about 20 years. She says she sees lots of homes but she "likes her spot"! It seems well located and almost built out which we think is a good thing. You are close to shopping and right between Hendersonville and Asheville. Also if you are a golfer the course is lovely. Hope it helps.
Duke

Old 04-01-2008, 02:48 PM

Thanks Duke. I thought no one was going to answer. I have seen a very nice home listed there, rang the realtor Friday with some questions and I am still waiting for a response. Business must be good!!

Old 04-01-2008, 06:29 PM

116 posts, read 445,894 times
If your realtor does not answer, call ours! Her name is Judy Dawkins, born and raised in the Asheville area and has lived in High Vista for many years. We worked with Judy for over a year and can't imagaine a better or more professional realtor. She is with Remax Allstars right off exit 33.
Good Luck!
Duke

Old 04-02-2008, 12:36 AM

758 posts, read 2,286,857 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddy02 View Post
Many thanks
Check out the location with regard to access to other areas and with regard to traffic. We see it as a unique opportunity to live in isolation and congestion at the same time!

Check out the clubhouse. We understand that residents are invited to gather there about once a year to welcome new members. Other than that, it's pretty much rented out for the private use of its members.

Be aware that in any golfing community you will pay for golf amenities whether or not you benefit from them... and that you will of course hear a lot of "golf talk."

This community has much to recommend it, including some of the most beautiful people we have ever met, a lovely golf course, and some delightful long-range views. Just walk into your purchase with three eyes open!

Jan

Old 04-02-2008, 06:58 AM

We live in a golf community here in Orlando, Bay Hill. Personally I do not like golf I prefer tennis.
What I have done in fallen in love with a home for sale there, as you do via the internet. But my husband will keep me grounded.
What I am worried about is I have 3 dogs and one of my questions was to do with the fencing as I cannot have the underground fencing. My dogs would just 'go for it' as one of them is a sight hound and the other two are just plain naughty!
To be honest I dont think the neighborhood will be the right fit for us but the house really does look pretty.

Old 04-02-2008, 07:25 AM

648 posts, read 2,979,664 times
With the right view from there, you could watch planes take off and land at the airport, about a mile east...

Old 08-11-2008, 01:52 PM

1 posts, read 4,679 times
Smile Great place!

I have lived in High Vista for over 10 years and it is a great little community that is getting closer and closer to town as the SE side of Asheville builds up. The Country Club is separate from the Homeowners, so you have the option of joining the Club or not. If you do not join you have little access to the Club golf course, tennis. pool or facilities. It isn't a "high brow" club, but there are lots of really great people living here.

Last edited by mm34b; 08-11-2008 at 05:28 PM.. Reason: No realty web links.

Old 06-30-2010, 03:20 AM

4 posts, read 21,963 times
Default Connestee Falls

Does anyone know anything about Connestee Falls? Is it a good community to invest in?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina