Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2008, 04:22 PM

70 posts, read 218,863 times

Advertisements

Corner Kitchen is lovely and the food wonderful.

Fiddlin Pigs is a fun place, but loud and it is touristy. But a fun place to go once. If you hit a night with the Cloggers there, it's really fun to watch them dance.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessiepilot View Post
Hi All!

We're getting married in October at Biltmore and I was wondering your opinions on two restaurants:

1. We are considering holding a "day after" brunch for our guests at the Corner Kitchen, and.....
2. We are thinking about holding our "welcome dinner" for the guests at the Fiddlin' Pig.

Any reviews of these places or suggestions for better alternatives??

Thanks from NJ!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2008, 08:15 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,238,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bye Bye Florida View Post
Oops...maybe you meant the NOODLE SHOP a few doors down from Doc Choys?
That's the one, I'm thinking of. It's near Cafe on the Square kind of near the corner on the BB&T building side. Yummy but, man, they have hardly no seating in there.

Old 06-01-2008, 12:50 PM

165 posts, read 881,984 times
Anybody willing to review 'fig'?

Heard its snazzy....

Old 06-02-2008, 12:38 PM

70 posts, read 218,863 times
Some more to consider:

Black Mountain: The Veranda wonderful lunch..homemade soup terrific

Hendersonville: West End Pizza terrific food, atmosphere and value

Working on more...

Old 06-02-2008, 08:57 PM

184 posts, read 674,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBmom View Post
My husband recently went to 12 bones for lunch and said it was "just okay" said he didn't get all the hype.
I love 12 bones but I don't eat meat. The ribs might be "just okay" but I think the veggie plate is delicious! My favorite sides are garlic green beans, squash casserole, jalapeno cheese grits, sweet vinegar cole slaw, & mashed sweet potatos. I haven't tried collard greens. The stewed okra is alright but I think there mac-n-cheese is lame(I have really high standards for my mac though).

Old 06-04-2008, 11:50 PM

366 posts, read 1,013,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by etta View Post
I love 12 bones but I don't eat meat. The ribs might be "just okay" but I think the veggie plate is delicious! My favorite sides are garlic green beans, squash casserole, jalapeno cheese grits, sweet vinegar cole slaw, & mashed sweet potatos. I haven't tried collard greens. The stewed okra is alright but I think there mac-n-cheese is lame(I have really high standards for my mac though).
12 bones has some really limited hours but it's pretty good.

Old 06-07-2008, 12:31 PM

1,603 posts, read 3,238,260 times
Has anyone been to the "new" S&W? I hear it's quite nice on the inside, wonder what the food is like?

Old 06-20-2008, 09:38 PM

2 posts, read 6,315 times
Default Anyone been to??????

Has anyone been to Southside Cafe or to Cafe on the Square???

Old 07-11-2009, 07:54 PM

75 posts, read 319,374 times
Jbird,

I don't know if you're still looking for a good Chinese restaurant or not. If so, Asheville now has a PF Chang's and the food is great! We ate there on our recent trip. I'm not totally certain of the location, but I believe it's in Biltmore Lakes...we drove Hendersonville Rd south, past Earth Fare about 5-10 minutes.

A couple of my favorites are the pan fried noodles, and Chang's spicy chicken.

Old 07-13-2009, 11:29 AM

108 posts, read 382,393 times
Hi All,
Good news about PF Changs... I will have to look for it.
Someone wanted a review of Fig awhile ago (like, last year)... had lunch there last fall and it was great! I think I had lobster mac n' cheese (my favorite).
S & W is also good... but everything is a la carte there so it gets very expensive very fast!!! But I love that they've fixed up the place, so I support them by going there for a drink upstairs when I happen to be in the area at the right time. Sorta nice to sit in the cool peace and quiet and watch the craziness down in the square below.
Yesterday I went to the new place on Pack Square for brunch... Posana Cafe. Very good, and the nicest presentation of iced tea I have ever seen! Try it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina