Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-28-2008, 06:42 PM

2,766 posts, read 5,521,014 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
Really? They made us show up in person when we sold - told us it was mandatory - how strange. Is it the same for NC? I was also told we had to be there in person to sign (in NC)

In NC we had to come here to sign because you need an attorney which we where not use to but in FL and CA we used title companies.All states are different.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-28-2008, 07:23 PM

63 posts, read 356,998 times
Neither buyer nor seller is required to be present for closing in NC. Notarized signatures work fine from afar. The money, however... that HAS to be there! And the closing is not official until the deed is recorded at the courthouse.

Old 04-28-2008, 07:36 PM

This was the first time we didn't use a title CO and had to use a lawyer. I quess since we needed to do the walk through and the closing was all set for up here in NC with the lawyer we thought we had to come up here.These last several months have been a blur.

Old 04-28-2008, 08:32 PM

63 posts, read 356,998 times
Yeah, typically if anyone's absent it's the seller (who's already moved away). Most buyers pick a closing date when they CAN be present, because they want to do the walk-through and then get started making the place their own and moving in right after closing. Investors and second-home buyers, however, sometimes aren't there for the closing.

Glad you got through it, whatever the case. Moving will make your head spin!

Old 04-29-2008, 07:33 AM

904 posts, read 2,873,747 times
Thanks for the info everyone. If we ever get a buyer, it would be nice to close from here. I can't imagine the ordeal of pulling both kids out of school, taking off work, driving 700 miles with the dog and kids, for a 30 minute meeting. I guess it would be worth it for the check I will be getting but an ordeal nonetheless. Right now I would do just about anything for a buyer, even if it means another trip to Fla.

Old 04-29-2008, 02:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AshevilleNeighbor View Post
Yeah, typically if anyone's absent it's the seller (who's already moved away). Most buyers pick a closing date when they CAN be present, because they want to do the walk-through and then get started making the place their own and moving in right after closing. Investors and second-home buyers, however, sometimes aren't there for the closing.

Glad you got through it, whatever the case. Moving will make your head spin!
We closed on the NC home late Nov but didn't start moving in until Feb so we had been going back and forth every 2 weeks. 11 hours on the road with three dogs was really getting to us. We had been boarding the dogs but at $300 a stay at the boarders it was getting to be to much $$$$. When we finally closed on our Fl home there was no need to go back down thank God.
We have to go down to FL for a week next week and we have to stay at a motel.What a shock not just going to our old place. We are now thinking of buying a condo or town home in FL since we have to go down every few months for hubby's doctors visits. We have a friend (realtor) looking into short sales. I am so real estate out though I doubt I could make a sane decision. Plus do I want to own real estate in FL again?

Old 05-04-2008, 12:15 AM

758 posts, read 2,287,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by VBmom View Post
Jan, congrats!
I know you said you will be offline for awhile but may I ask...Did you have to go to San Diego for the closing or was it handled long distance? It sounds from you posts like you were here. We had always thought that when and if our house ever sells in Fl. that we would have to go back for the closing. Is that not true?
VBmom, we used a fax machine to handle everything long distance between San Diego and Asheville. Hope it's as easy for you that way.

Jan

Old 05-13-2008, 02:23 AM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,787,483 times
Thumbs up Wonderful News Jan!!!

Congratulations on the Sale and the Purchase !!!! I hope that your move went smoothly ! If you haven't already done so, I will be expecting a few new home pics by June .

Warmest regards,

~HDL~

Old 05-13-2008, 07:58 AM

758 posts, read 2,287,839 times
Thanks, HDL!! We're plumb pleased that we're celebrating our first two weeks in this home today, and today we will finish detailing each room. Boxes are gone, prints and art are hung, there's a place for everything and everything's in its place, house is home. Remodeling--well, that's another story; meanwhile we're comfortable and happy! Thanks for sharing our joy!

Old 05-13-2008, 12:27 PM
HDL

3,216 posts, read 6,787,483 times
Thumbs up You're very WELCOME Jan!!!

I love stories with HAPPY endings and loads of drama !!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Parkies View Post
Thanks, HDL!! We're plumb pleased that we're celebrating our first two weeks in this home today, and today we will finish detailing each room. Boxes are gone, prints and art are hung, there's a place for everything and everything's in its place, house is home. Remodeling--well, that's another story; meanwhile we're comfortable and happy! Thanks for sharing our joy!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina