U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-16-2020, 04:21 AM

3 posts, read 733 times

Advertisements

Hi and good morning!

We were looking to move to Winston-Salem area with acreage and stumbled upon a town State Road in Wilkes County.

My question is- compare to an area like Arcadia, is State Road "super rural." Concerns on the question are about culture, way of life and quality commonly associated with Rural compare to an area like Arcadia.

Please provide your valuable input, it will help us.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-16-2020, 09:25 AM

11,847 posts, read 12,970,592 times
Arcadia where? There are several places named Arcadia. There's a community in NC named Arcadia, there's Arcadia, California, etc.

Obviously all of Wilkes County is pretty rural outside of Wilkesboro and North Wilkesboro. Is this the area you are talking about? https://goo.gl/maps/KT2F6c8vWsyPfzvC8

It is pretty rural.You can check it out on Google Streetview: https://goo.gl/maps/PP8aHR3qgzknsRin6 . It's not far from Elkin, though.

Last edited by poppydog; 10-16-2020 at 09:49 AM..

Old 10-16-2020, 09:44 AM

3 posts, read 733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by poppydog View Post
Arcadia where? There are several places named Arcadia. There's a community in NC named Arcadia, there's Arcadia, California, etc.

Obviously all of Wilkes County is pretty rural outside of Wilkesboro and North Wilkesboro. Is the one you are talking about? https://goo.gl/maps/KT2F6c8vWsyPfzvC8

I really don't understand your question. Yes, it is pretty rural. Just look at the map. It's not far from Elkin, though.

Thank you for making time to help me out.

Arcadia NC is what I was comparing it to. My question is what you partly answered- I am concerend it is too far away from city and has extremely rural in culture.

Old 10-16-2020, 11:06 AM

768 posts, read 322,903 times
Arcadia is 10 minutes from Winston-Salem; Sate Road is an hour, if proximity to W-S is a priority. State Road is close to Elkin, for what that worth.

Old 10-17-2020, 08:00 AM

117 posts, read 73,969 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aponte2 View Post
Thank you for making time to help me out.

Arcadia NC is what I was comparing it to. My question is what you partly answered- I am concerend it is too far away from city and has extremely rural in culture.
It is pretty rural- too rural for me, but that’s certainly subjective. Wilkes is a beautiful county and climbs in elevation as you go west. You’d be closer to mountains and hiking. You probably should check it out in person and get a feel for it. It’s hard to know what someone else’s perspective would be. My extended family who lives in the Midwest thinks me calling my town of 5,000 people ‘so tiny’ is hilarious as they’re surrounded by farming towns of less than 1,000, or even 500, people.

Old 01-11-2021, 12:53 PM

18 posts, read 13,082 times
State Road caught my eye too. Did you decide to move there? Anything else you can share on the town? Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina