Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2008, 03:43 PM

117 posts, read 409,300 times

Advertisements

Zoning is making Asheville and Buncombe too expensive and elite for hardworking citizens. The closest affordable homes are in Old Fort to the east.
And Public schools exploit childfree taxpayers.

Old 05-12-2008, 10:42 AM

168 posts, read 689,069 times
I respectfully disagree with you Allandi, public schools should be paid for by all taxpayers because ultimately, those children that you support, eventually are the adults that will be our doctors, lawyers, teachers, restaurant owners, etc. that keep our economy and country running strong. It is our duty as citizens to give our children an education that is worthwhile and while it may not seem "fair" to those who do not have children, it is the right thing to do by them (the children). Would you rather pay for them to sit in jail when they turn 18? I know I'd much rather pay for an education than for a jail cell or a welfare check. Did you receive an education through the public school system? If so, there you go...you're just repaying the loan.

Old 05-12-2008, 11:48 AM

32 posts, read 92,266 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by a2zmom View Post
I respectfully disagree with you Allandi, public schools should be paid for by all taxpayers because ultimately, those children that you support, eventually are the adults that will be our doctors, lawyers, teachers, restaurant owners, etc. that keep our economy and country running strong. Did you receive an education through the public school system? If so, there you go...you're just repaying the loan.
Amen to that! I could not have said it better myself.

Old 05-12-2008, 04:53 PM

16,294 posts, read 28,417,662 times
You mention Old Fort in almost every post, yet list your location as Asheville

Am I missing something here
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.