U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2021, 03:31 PM

24,867 posts, read 39,120,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lizap View Post
I went to a Pardee doctor recently and was impressed. He was one of a number of physicians that left Mission after the HCA takeover. If I was going to have major surgery though, I would go to Raleigh.
I think you might mean Durham or Chapel Hill.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2021, 08:27 PM

125 posts, read 49,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelmom View Post
Hello neighbor! So how do you like Lenoir so far? We moved here about 7 years ago from the Raleigh area. We live outside of the city limits as well.
Hi! Can't complain so far. We came from South Florida so it's a pretty big change for us (although we have been coming to NC for years and this area for maybe 1-2 years). We use to stay at the Green Mountain Campground so that's how we got this area in our radar. We love the mountains but did not want to deal with going up and down all the time and we did want a couple of acres of usable flat land so this was the best of both worlds.

Old 08-19-2021, 07:27 AM

194 posts, read 172,086 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamingat30fps View Post
Hi! Can't complain so far. We came from South Florida so it's a pretty big change for us (although we have been coming to NC for years and this area for maybe 1-2 years). We use to stay at the Green Mountain Campground so that's how we got this area in our radar. We love the mountains but did not want to deal with going up and down all the time and we did want a couple of acres of usable flat land so this was the best of both worlds.
Glad to hear it!

Old 08-22-2021, 06:25 AM

49,251 posts, read 22,605,809 times
Quote:
We have just recently moved here, but I was going to mention Hickory, Lenoir, Morganton area also. We were able to get 3 acres just outside Lenoir city limits, but we still have great cable internet, city water and garbage pickup. We can find almost anything we need between the 3 towns which are only like 15-30min away and in about 30 min we can be in the mountains.
I'd move to Morganton just for Root & Vine.

Old 08-23-2021, 10:55 AM

24,867 posts, read 39,120,561 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I really think Morganton is the next "it" city in WNC the way the downtown has been evolving.

Old 08-23-2021, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I really think Morganton is the next "it" city in WNC the way the downtown has been evolving.
One of our sons lived in Morganton for a time. He loved the vibe there. Or it could it be that he loved the vibe at Root & Vine, as he could describe everything on the menu.

I'm not kidding. That restaurant serves some damn delicious food.

Crab cake on a fried green tomato. Great pizza. Best shrimp and grits I've ever had in my life.

What else is going on in Morganton?

Old 08-24-2021, 09:52 AM

125 posts, read 49,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
I'm glad I live 15min away AND they are only open a few days a week... well actually I'm not glad at all, but my wallet and waist line are very glad.

The salmon with papardelle they have for lunch.... OMG it's probably my favorite dish ever!

Old 08-26-2021, 12:41 PM

1,149 posts, read 1,312,863 times
Check out the areas near South Mountain...Casar, Morgabton, etc. It's about 1 hour from Shelby, 2 hr from Charlotte, but extremely rural. You will have mountains surrounding you to enjoy every day. I petsit out there and it's an awesome area. I have TMobile and never dropped a call. There is good cable there but, sorry, I did not know who their provider was. I watched everything I would in Charlotte. Im actually thinking about the same area. Of course, as any place else...there's a Super Wallyworld within 15 min drive.

Last edited by mooksmom; 08-26-2021 at 12:55 PM..

Old 08-26-2021, 01:14 PM

Quote:
I'm glad I live 15min away AND they are only open a few days a week... well actually I'm not glad at all, but my wallet and waist line are very glad.

The salmon with papardelle they have for lunch.... OMG it's probably my favorite dish ever!
Grilled salmon, with tomatoes, zucchini, wild mushrooms, roasted garlic cream, capers, fresh dill, pappardelle, ... oh, my.

I'm not kidding about moving to Morganton to age in place because of Root & Vine.

The scenery is beautiful. The real estate prices are more realistic than other areas, and as we age one of our joys in life going out for a good meal.

Old 08-26-2021, 03:33 PM

5,094 posts, read 2,808,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle19125 View Post
I think you might mean Durham or Chapel Hill.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina