Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-09-2007, 12:21 PM

78 posts, read 181,137 times

Advertisements

We had looked into moving into Asheville at one point, but they are apparently having some major pollution issues. The children there are having very high incidences of asthma. try a google search on "Asheville asthma rates"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-09-2007, 09:20 PM

205 posts, read 987,696 times
http://www.sierraclub.org/communities/2002report/intro.asp

Interesting read.

Old 01-29-2010, 04:20 PM

1 posts, read 929 times
Cool Moving soon...

Our family 3 + me have decided that we are going to move to the Asheville area in the summer. How is the medical job market there? I am an appointment setter and work very closely with 11 doctors in a group. Just curious on how that market seems. Any one who knows ANYTHING would be a blessing to hear from. Honestly a little scared to leave Dallas Texas without a job in hand, but the pros outweigh the cons as to why we are moving, so I am hoping that I will be able to find something fairly quick once I get there. Thanks to anyone who posts back!

Old 01-29-2010, 05:14 PM

765 posts, read 2,560,915 times
The medical industry is one of the few bright spots here. There are several hospitals in the area (Mission, VA, Haywood, Park, Hendersonville) and lots of doctors associated with them and in private practice. However, I'd still take the time to try and line something up in advance instead of coming here cold turkey unless you have deep pockets.

Old 01-31-2010, 05:15 AM

121 posts, read 277,082 times
The other thing to keep in mind, is that your purchase of a home, while being all the things mentioned above, is also an investment and I truly believe that the Weaverville area will present you with the best appreciation possible of all the areas you mentioned and with I-26 and HWY 25-70 the area is pretty accessible. Except I-26 in to town sucks right now because of the I-40 rock slide and the redirecting of traffic, but that is only temporary.
Brian
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina