Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-12-2008, 12:00 PM

3 posts, read 6,977 times

Advertisements

hello!

i've checked the forum (and google...ugh) and it seems as if i cannot find a good place to have a small (approx 50 ppl) outdoor wedding and reception. i really like chimney rock and botanical gardens, but no beer/wine is allowed. my fiance's family is italian...no chance they would come if wine isn't permitted.

i really want to have an outdoor wedding, but i cannot afford a b&b place either (my parents have suffered severly with this recession). ideally, i'd like just a place to have a relaxed wedding and a reception at the same place. is this possible? anyone???

thanks so much for your help on this.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-12-2008, 01:29 PM

45,217 posts, read 100,729,092 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emilita View Post
hello!

i've checked the forum (and google...ugh) and it seems as if i cannot find a good place to have a small (approx 50 ppl) outdoor wedding and reception. i really like chimney rock and botanical gardens, but no beer/wine is allowed. my fiance's family is italian...no chance they would come if wine isn't permitted.

i really want to have an outdoor wedding, but i cannot afford a b&b place either (my parents have suffered severly with this recession). ideally, i'd like just a place to have a relaxed wedding and a reception at the same place. is this possible? anyone???

Would you want to go to Gatlinburg by an chance?

Gatlinburg Wedding Chapel, Chapel at the Park Gatlinburg Tennessee Wedding Packages

Old 12-12-2008, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hapaleeretired View Post
Friends of Wilson Creek
This area is beautiful. It would be best to stay in Morgantown. The roads to it from Lenoir are VERY curvy.
Best of luck
That would be so perfect except it says no alcoholic beverages allowed

Old 12-12-2008, 01:48 PM

1,242 posts, read 3,760,644 times
I was going to suggest Wilson's Creek but it too bans alcohol.
I would check around Boone. It is a college town so they are more familiar with
the fact that people ingest alcohol on occasion.
Best of luck.

Old 12-12-2008, 01:50 PM

Quote:
hello!

A wedding at Chimney Rock WOULD be so nice

Why not have the wedding there, then go down to one of the restaurants on Lake Lure for a reception?

Plan an Outdoor Wedding at Chimney Rock Park near Asheville, North Carolina

Old 12-12-2008, 01:55 PM

I was thinking of someplace like Larkins on the Lake - they offer group/catering prices, perhaps that would be affordable for you?

Larkin's Lake

Old 12-13-2008, 10:01 AM

1,160 posts, read 4,245,749 times
You can check out the below website, might give you some ideas. Also, lots of people in Asheville get married in the UNCA botanical gardens, but I know nothing about alcohol on the property. And there are a couple country chapels you can find in the Yellow Pages that do the whole thing for fairly low cost.

Asheville Wedding Guide

Old 12-14-2008, 08:02 PM

451 posts, read 1,565,638 times
Default WNC Wedding

Quote:
hello!

Call Cassandra at the Green Park Inn. She said they have a place for a small outdoor wedding. This is a 125 year old hotel in Blowing Rock. Tell her your how much you can spend. See if she can help. Let me know what happens and good luck.

Old 12-15-2008, 07:10 AM

905 posts, read 3,454,908 times
Congrats Emilita! I have the perfect place for your wedding. One of my clients rents their home in Chimney Rock for weddings, it is located right on the Rocky Broad River. There are views of "The Rock" and Hickory Nut Falls from the yard. It is very quaint and cozy. They also have a guest house and an apartment available on the property if you need them. Another option for food might be La Strada Italian restaurant, however I am not sure if they cater. Good luck and DM me if you would like a phone contact!

Old 12-17-2008, 11:15 AM

291 posts, read 1,204,052 times
Have you checked out the Botanical Gardens in Asheville?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina