Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-07-2009, 06:32 AM

8 posts, read 19,975 times

Advertisements

I would appreciate any suggestions, personal experiences with destination,possibly all-inclusive weddings/reception in the NC mountain area. My niece is planning for a wedding Oct. 2010 and I am just doing some research for her while I have the time. Thanks ahead to all responses.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-07-2009, 08:33 AM

1,160 posts, read 4,245,036 times
Dear Glad,
There are a couple wedding threads for city-data back on Jan 20 2008 and Oct 3 2008. You can go back to the regular city-data where you posted, and just above all the posts on the right is a button that says, "Search this forum," and type "weddings" in there, and they'll come up.

There are several expensive hotels that would be nice for weddings, like the Richmond Hill Inn, that has nice gardens, and the Grove Park Inn out on their Sunset Restaurant balcony. Less expensive places are talked about in those threads I told you about, like the UNCA botanical gardens, where a lot of folks get married and it doesn't cost hardly anything, but you'd have to do a reception and lodging in another location. Then there are some historical churches, like the one in Biltmore Village called "All Souls" Church, and for reception and lodging, there's several hotels of different prices very close by, and one expensive one in the Village a few blocks away, but I forget the name.

Hope this gets you going.
GG

Old 01-07-2009, 10:02 AM

1,379 posts, read 3,920,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladtomeetyou View Post
I would appreciate any suggestions, personal experiences with destination,possibly all-inclusive weddings/reception in the NC mountain area. My niece is planning for a wedding Oct. 2010 and I am just doing some research for her while I have the time. Thanks ahead to all responses.
I have a friend who was recently married at The Inn at Crestwood: Crestwood - A Mountain Resort in Blowing Rock, NC... near Boone and Blowing Rock.

They were really happy with the whole event (but mentioned it was pretty pricey)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina