Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-04-2009, 05:10 AM

440 posts, read 1,088,261 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainLaurel View Post
We did exactly that -bought 18 acres in a rural area outside of Asheville, elevation around 2500 ft, and put a 39 foot park RV on it, so we can go up for a few days each month, except in winter (we live in Jacksonville, Fl). We had a septic tank put in and a well dug, so it has worked out well. You might be able to get electricity as well. If you have any questions let me know.

You are not too far from me in Fl. We are in Orange City....right between Daytona and Orlando. What area outside Asheville did you find your land? We are strongly considering the High Country. ~*~ Painted Lady
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-04-2009, 07:33 AM

15 posts, read 104,636 times
Default RV on our owned land

We bought land near the town of Marshall which is northwest of Asheville in Madison County. Its beautiful up there and very rural.

Old 02-04-2009, 08:03 AM

440 posts, read 1,088,261 times
do you get much snow? How far are you from everthing......ie: grocery stores, schools, etc.? Thanks, ~*~ Painted Lady

Old 02-04-2009, 09:37 AM

2,445 posts, read 7,424,462 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainLaurel View Post
We bought land near the town of Marshall which is northwest of Asheville in Madison County. Its beautiful up there and very rural.
Out of curiosity...how much does 18 acres in that area cost?

Old 02-04-2009, 10:00 AM

15 posts, read 104,636 times
Default RV on our owned land

We got a great deal on our land, around 100k for almost 18 acres, most of it pastureland with some wooded on the edge. I think if you go up there and look around you could get a good deal on some acreage. We get some snow, but not sure how much since we don't live up there now, just go up for a few days every month or so.

Old 03-10-2009, 03:03 PM

1 posts, read 2,990 times
Does any one know of land that you can put a RV on. Approx 1/2 acre or less for less than $10,000.00 or am I dreaming. Please get in touch with [email]Flowerladie38@aol.com[/email]. Thanks

Old 03-12-2009, 01:26 PM

65 posts, read 134,711 times
Small world.

I've been looking for the same thing. Got my 37ft class A and love it. Looked around Banner Elk and Burnsville area. Good prices on small houses with some land but the problem we faced was the RV would have a tough time getting up and making the sharp turns.

I'm in love with two places now. One in Maggie Valley and one in Topton (Nantahala). I'm torn between both places. The one in topton is a bargain and 5 years old but NO WAY can I get the coach up there. The one in Maggie is all paved to the driveway and plenty of parking for the motor home but It's smaller and older.

Going up Monday and staying up there a week to check out these places and others.

I also live in Florida, Ft. Myers area.......................I hate it here !!!!

Willing to trade a nice 3br 2 bth Condo on the Caloosahatchee River with river access and 40ft dock for a mountaintop cabin where my nearest neighbor is 50 miles away........just kidding.

Old 03-06-2014, 11:25 PM

1 posts, read 1,953 times
I own land in Vance county have well septic internet phone power sat tv but no house I put a travel trailer on the land to live in while I build my home .....The county said no camping and no storing of a camper on the land at all so we had to sell it now we are homeless living in a hotel and the land sits there all paid for and they won't let me live on it at all WHATS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE ? THEY HAVE MADE US HOMELESS!!!

Old 03-07-2014, 05:55 AM

11,113 posts, read 19,436,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by homesteader01 View Post
I own land in Vance county have well septic internet phone power sat tv but no house I put a travel trailer on the land to live in while I build my home .....The county said no camping and no storing of a camper on the land at all so we had to sell it now we are homeless living in a hotel and the land sits there all paid for and they won't let me live on it at all WHATS WRONG WITH THESE PEOPLE ? THEY HAVE MADE US HOMELESS!!!
Evidently you were not able to find an RV park so you could live in the travel trailer during construction? Lots cheaper than living in a hotel.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina