Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-24-2009, 08:33 PM

9 posts, read 21,688 times

Advertisements

I'm not from Asheville, but me and my someone special will be going up there for Valentine's Day. Do you guys know any romantic restaurants that you could recommend? Something nice and quiet with a certain level of privacy, soft music, dim lighting, nice wine, great food, etc... You get the idea.

Any other recommendations are welcome - shows, events, and so on. Thanks a lot guys.
Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2009, 07:27 AM

1,160 posts, read 4,228,358 times
Dear Dingo,
There are some previous threads here in this forum that talk at length about all the member recommended restaurants in Asheville, just go back to the forum, and in the bar just above it, click on "Search this Forum," and then type "restaurant" in the search window, and they'll all come up. You can also go to the following website for lots of ideas:

Asheville North Carolina Travel & Visitor's Guide

Now, if you have a whole lot of money to spend, that is, more than $500, you can go to the Grove Park Inn, they have a trolley to downtown, plus they have specials for Valentine's Day, here's the link:

The Grove Park Inn Resort & Spa - Packages & Specials

I personally like eating at the Weaverville Milling Company (just north of town, kind of out of the way), and also the Tupelo Honey Cafe and Cafe on the Square (both downtown). For example, if you were to wing it and eat at Tupelo, you can then go the three blocks up to the Thomas Wolfe Auditorium for the Asheville Symphony evening concert "First Loves" for Valentine's Day, and a nice (expensive) place to stay between the two is the Haywood Park Hotel. Or you could eat at the Cafe on the Square (sit in the front part, at sunset is best), and hopefully there will be a good movie at the Fine Arts Theatre just a block down on the same street, and the place to stay is diagonally across the Square at the Renaissance (get a higher floor for the views).

I do know there's a brand new hotel in Biltmore Village, which the village has lots of interesting shops and restaurants in old-timey houses, and I think the hotel is called the Bohemian, but I don't know anything about it except it's pricey. Lots of people also like to go to the Biltmore Estate, right across the street from the Village, costs I think about $100 for two people to get in the gates, and they usually do something special for Valentine's, I think.

Now, these are what I call "formal dates" info. Others can tell you all sorts of stuff to do if you just want some outdoor fun plus a lunch or something like that, maybe Llama Trekking might make a nice picnic adventure, I think they have a group up in Maggie Valley or somewhere like that, then there's skating at the Civic Center downtown, they have a schedule of when you can do that, and might be fun to try that movie theater/brewing place on Merrimon Avenue...I'm sure you could do a google search for that, cuz I gotta go now!
GG

Old 01-26-2009, 08:56 AM

535 posts, read 1,736,041 times
Cafe on the Square closed in October, was replaced by Martha Nells, which closed in January of this year.

Old 01-27-2009, 08:12 AM

1,160 posts, read 4,228,358 times
WHAT???? Good grief, that was where I always treated my mom every year for lunch in the spring. Heck, even Robert Redford had a favorite chair in there when he would come to town and make a movie. I'm just soooo shocked. But good thing you jumped in and advised our romantic romeo.

Old 02-02-2009, 09:07 AM

5 posts, read 24,982 times
mmm..
I'm interested in Grove Park Inn

Old 02-05-2009, 01:26 PM

9 posts, read 21,688 times
Thanks for the information guys.

Do any of you know of a restaurant that offers private tables?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina