Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-07-2007, 03:12 AM

1 posts, read 6,989 times

Advertisements

Hello all! Im in need of a little bit of info. A special thanks to anyone who answers.
I live in Montana, so im too far away to see the layout of the land. Im wondering were Beach Glen is? Is it a county or a small town? I have land there, but im wondering what kind of terrain it is?! All of my paperwork says both Marshall and Beach Glen, so im not too sure exactly which is which. I want to know if its a nice place to live, what the weather is like, (summer and winter). Are there mountains?
I also lived in The Outer Banks, does anyone know the distance from there?
I will end my questions there i guess, sorry! I just spent the last 10 yrs, in a beautiful place called Red Lodge. Pop. around 2,500. There wasnt even a stop light, so im used to the small town living.
Thanks so much to anyone who answers all my weird questions.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-07-2007, 08:59 AM

442 posts, read 1,508,948 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Liv2Jib View Post
Hello all! Im in need of a little bit of info. A special thanks to anyone who answers.
I live in Montana, so im too far away to see the layout of the land. Im wondering were Beach Glen is? Is it a county or a small town? I have land there, but im wondering what kind of terrain it is?! All of my paperwork says both Marshall and Beach Glen, so im not too sure exactly which is which. I want to know if its a nice place to live, what the weather is like, (summer and winter). Are there mountains?
I also lived in The Outer Banks, does anyone know the distance from there?
I will end my questions there i guess, sorry! I just spent the last 10 yrs, in a beautiful place called Red Lodge. Pop. around 2,500. There wasnt even a stop light, so im used to the small town living.
Thanks so much to anyone who answers all my weird questions.
I am guessing you are a sailor by your screen name - me too - although I won't be doing much sailing when we move to Marshall in 2 years - Beech Glen is outside of Mars Hill - yes it is a nice community - some great artists live near there. Yes there are mountains! Our favorite B&B at Ponder Cove is very near there and they love living there - Mars Hill and then Weaverville to the south would be your largest towns - and I use the term large generously - they are great small towns! If you own land there you are lucky it is beautiful and out of the way.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:49 PM
vq1

134 posts, read 682,825 times
Default Beech Glen

OK, first let me have my moment of humor: Did you win this property in a poker game?

Now to compliment what LovesMtn had to say.

What is Beech Glen. Beech Glen is an unincorporated community within Madison County on Little Ivy Creek. It is tucked near the edge of the county's border with Yancey and Buncombe (think Asheville) counties. One of the closer towns to it is Mars Hill, NC.

While it possible that you have a Beech Glen postal address, your property could physically be in one of the other counties. However, as you also mention Marshall, that makes me think that you are in Madison County as Marshall is the County Seat. That is where any official notices (such as your tax bill) would come from if the property is in Madison County.

Lay of the land. Madison County is hilly. If your property is in Madison County, you can go to the government website and click on the "new" area section for online property maps. Enter your information and it will bring up your property. You can use the sidebar information to bring up "layers" that add the 2004 Aerial, 10 or 20 foot contour lines, and you can zoom in or out as you desire. It is very comprehensive. The website is at: NC: Madison County North Carolina Government

Additionally, you could use some of the Internet programs, such as Google Earth or Microsoft's new 3-D mapping program to pull up the area.

Distance from the Outer Banks. In Madison County, you are from 2,000 to 5,000 feet above sea-level. How long will it take you to drive there - plan on six + hours, depending on what part of the 300 miles long Outer Banks you want to go to.

Any other questions, feel free to ask.

Old 12-07-2007, 10:05 PM

5,660 posts, read 26,993,372 times
The county is divided into eleven townships, which are both numbered and named: 1 (North Marshall and South Marshall), 2 (Laurel), 3 (Mars Hill), 4 (Beech Glenn), 5 (Walnut), 6 (Hot Springs), 7 (Ebbs Chapel), 8 (Spring Creek), 9 (Sandy Mush), 10 (Grapevine), and 11 (Revere Rice Cove). Formerly there were sixteen: 1 (Marshall), 2 (Shelton Laurel), 3 (Bull Creek), 4 (Middle Fork of Ivy), 5 (West Fork of Ivy), 6 (Sandy Mush), 7 (Little Pine Creek), 8 (Spring Creek), 9 (Hot Springs), 10 (Big Laurel), 11 (Upper Laurel), 12 (Big Pine Creek), 13 (Meadow Fork of Spring Creek), 14 (Grapevine), 15 (Mars Hill), and 16 (Foster Creek).

Last edited by mm34b; 12-07-2007 at 10:15 PM..

Old 06-29-2009, 10:35 AM

1 posts, read 6,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zimmerdj View Post
Can anybody give me any insight into what type of community Marshall is? What type of people, things of that nature. Thanks in advance.
, I have lived in madison for 30 years the weather is nice, but if you want to live where you have NO right's but the one's of the"GOOD OL BOY'S" law, then madison is the place for you ,
also if you are Rich, then you are in the chips, because they make there
tax laws, "as you go" rule, and if you think the people are going to make you feel welcome well this isnt the place for you, here you do it there way or not at all, as I was told right from the "TOP", so hope to, see
you in the great county of MADISON ,and if you keep, you'll get along with all, but if not, then you'll get booted out, maybe you could tell me a good place to MOVE.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina