U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 10-26-2009, 09:53 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 563,615 times
Reputation: 262

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Paddler View Post
NC_Paddler asks:

"In order for your argument to hold any weight whatsoever, you would have to define what "bear country" is and what "human country" is. Is *everything* bear country?"

Organick responds:

with a lot of "information", but doesn't actually answer the question.

I've obviously assumed waaaaay too much. My bad.

Introduction to Logic Home Page


NC Paddler fails to read my response

"If it was up to me the way development has happened would be much different but no one offered me that job. I dont find the concept that consistently building new developments in the middle of bear habitats (or any other animals habitats) and building roads through them is going to harm the population that mind boggling but apparently you do."


It is not the jobs of humans to define a bears habitat by their irresponsible actions. My "information" supports my argument. You again have provide zero information to support yours.


Oh and thanks for the link because I found this on there. Perhaps you should consider your own argument before proceeding


"Whenever people offer reasons or evidence for the truth of a statement, they are advancing an argument."

 
Old 10-26-2009, 09:57 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 563,615 times
Reputation: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC_Paddler View Post
NC_Paddler asks:

"In order for your argument to hold any weight whatsoever, you would have to define what "bear country" is and what "human country" is. Is *everything* bear country?"

Organick responds:

with a lot of "information", but doesn't actually answer the question.

I've obviously assumed waaaaay too much. My bad.

Introduction to Logic Home Page


By the way something you seem to be quite good at actually since you have not once answered any questions about the support for your argument. Since it is strictly opinion I presume.
 
Old 10-26-2009, 10:14 PM
 
Location: The 12th State
22,067 posts, read 40,041,054 times
Reputation: 13286
stop the battle or you get an infraction the point been made lets move on
 
Old 10-26-2009, 10:48 PM
 
2,087 posts, read 563,615 times
Reputation: 262
I'm simply defending my stance against his attacks, he is consistently condescending towards other posters. I won't post on the thread anymore.
 
Old 10-27-2009, 10:03 AM
 
16,310 posts, read 14,784,294 times
Reputation: 7988
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
By the way something you seem to be quite good at actually since you have not once answered any questions about the support for your argument. Since it is strictly opinion I presume.
Sometimes the 'reality' is ignored because it contradicts the opinion. The tactic has been used before, even in the light of facts

Reality is the bears were here first, and man is encroaching on their turf. Then the whiny amongst us demand that the bears be removed or worse. Never mind that bears are a territorial, just more inconvenient fact.
 
Old 10-27-2009, 11:22 AM
 
1,174 posts, read 2,064,678 times
Reputation: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
Reality is the bears were here first, and man is encroaching on their turf.
Again, an absolutely specious argument. According to your "logic", human beings have no right to inhabit the planet whatsoever, since the world apparently belongs to the bears and other animals. After all, they were here before us.

And you and your family have been encroaching on the turf of all of the rabbits, squirrels, snakes, birds, and other wildlife that you have displaced, injured, killed, and maimed by inhabiting the land that you currently inhabit.

If it's strictly a matter of first come, first served, as you suggest, then you and your family should do the earth and all it's critters a favor and walk the walk. Stop encroaching on their turf! Stop reproducing, stop driving, stop buying things, etc. etc. Stop living! Come on -- you and Organick need to step up to the plate.

All of this activity works to the detriment of the planet and it's wildlife, and so according to you, you are just as guilty as those folks living out in the country who are displacing bears.

What about all of the farmers here in WNC? Are they too encroaching on the turf of the animals? They must be, since the critters were there first. Oops, there goes our food supply!

Holy crapp, if we are to take your anti-human, misanthropic silliness to it's fullest extent, then we humans have no right to live at all!

Please tell me you have something better to offer than this.
 
Old 10-27-2009, 03:43 PM
 
16,310 posts, read 14,784,294 times
Reputation: 7988
Quote:
Originally Posted by organick View Post
Gonna let Asheville native and others deal with your ignorance.....as I said I am done talking to a brick wall.
That insulted a lot of bricks. Here we have a person that professes they love the area, the mountains, the trails (even though they seem to have a problem with 'snakes on trails' ), and even use a moniker of someone that floats something down the rivers here, yet rages about the critters there were here first.

I'm done here also............. it is embarrassing to participate in this 'debate ' when confronted with such a superficial level of knowledge.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread



Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
Similar Threads

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top