Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-10-2009, 07:52 PM

1 posts, read 1,717 times

Advertisements

looking to move to south toe township any info would be greatly appreciated
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-11-2009, 06:13 AM

127 posts, read 474,363 times
The South Toe area of Yancey county is absolutely gorgeous with views of the surrounding Black Mountains including Mount Mitchell. My wife and I enjoy hiking the many trails in the area. The area is pretty remote. Burnsville is the closest town and depending on where in the South Toe you are considering Burnsville can be as close as 15 minutes and as far as 30 minutes away. The South Toe has the following amenities; Carolina Hemlocks campground, Black Mountain campground, Clear Creek Guest Ranch, the South Toe river (great trout fishing), Mount Mitchell golf course, Albert’s Inn and a couple of convince stores. That is pretty much it. The closest grocery store is the Ingles in Burnsville. There are only two main roads running through the area. Highway 80, which runs from Burnsville to Marion and the Blue Ridge parkway. However the parkway is closed much of the Winter months. In my opinion the South Toe is one of the prettiest areas in WNC but I would not want to live there due to its remoteness.

Last edited by fmors; 04-11-2009 at 06:33 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina