Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-12-2009, 10:30 AM

6 posts, read 28,446 times

Advertisements

I'm starting early to move to the Flat rock area. I'm just beginning to put out feelers on finding realtor(s). I'll be looking for something that will be hard to find & I know it will take time. I have had very bad luck with Realtors in the past, wasting my time. In the end ALL my land I have bought in the past(4 pieces) I have ended up finding myself, & even then having to light a fire under any realtor involved on the other end, to get/keep the ball rolling.

I'm looking to move & BUILD myself in about a year or less. As in Live (RV Trailer) on the piece & do the work myself. So all the "easy sells" Gated over Restricted Developments are out. I'm looking for Flat Rock & south along 25 area. Thanks CJP
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-12-2009, 05:33 PM

35,879 posts, read 77,491,785 times
I suspect w/ that criteria you are not going to find a realtor who can help you a lot, so no wonder you are so down on realtors. You probably want this land for $30,000, right? And you plan to build on it yourself - wh/ means this could take - how long? Most of the land I know about has all sorts of deed restrictions so that the exact situation you are describing won't occur.

Old 04-14-2009, 10:44 AM

55 posts, read 167,792 times
Along Rt. 25 So. (which is really 225 So.) Flat Rock area, there is no way you will be allowed to live in an RV while you build. Land anywhere in Flat Rock, if you can find it will be restricted and high dollar in the range of $300,000 for a lot. Unless, of course, you could build somewhere in East Flat Rock. I must say, with your attitude towards Realtors (painting them all with a broad brush) you are better off looking in the newspapers yourself. Experienced "good" Realtors are appreciated by their clients; I could refer you to some excellent agents, but will refrain.

You would do well to search for land at least 15 miles or more out into the country where you may be able to find something suitable. There is plenty of land out by Lake Lure east of Hendersonville. Also, try Rosman, a bit west of Brevard.

Old 04-16-2009, 06:56 PM

6 posts, read 28,446 times
Default OK, Realtor history.

OK, Realtor history.

First one when I was on Martha Vineyard MA & owned horses & first statement to realtors, was No restrictions for them & pasture. "My Realtor" let the Sale get to the Court house with Lawyers & me & check in hand............ Then the whole set of restrictions show up, down to, not allowed to hang laundry outside even. I walked away & got my deposit back. Wasted 4 months. Found land myself.

Second, Selling a place in Ocala FL. (I found the land, & good friends with the owners to this day). I sold it to personal friends on the Vineyard with in two weeks of listing it with a realtor down there, & realtor was telling them they had to get every stupid thing looked roof, elect, etc.(was 5 yrs old), til they called me, as they were DOWN THERE wanting to CLOSE. I had to call the realtor to back off, she was still getting her money when I had sold it, quit padding her buddies pockets, & to Close on it. Still friends with the buyers............

3rd Realtor was TOO good. My Vineyard place sold 2 weeks BEFORE it was to hit the market even(within office). Why I needed a RV Trailer to live in while I built......I owned 7 dogs(Realtor, & my house's new buyer, both bought a puppy from a litter I had). Gee maybe you Know someone down there who going to rent to someone with now 5 dogs?

3rd piece Up here in Ithaca, NY, I found, & had deposits down on 2 pieces side by side. The realtor & I could NOT get the bounds to work on one. So I back out(his idea) because it was NOT surveyed like the owners said it was. I was to get the deposit back, never did, called the office. The guy was let go, had to call the business owner to get it back. Lived in the Trailer while I built.

4th piece again I found. & realtor wouldn't get the ball rolling. It took 3 calls from me, to get every question answered.

So yes I KNOW there are some good realtors out there. And I'm a finish craftsman who worked on Trophy houses on the Vineyard. And see a lot So So people in the trades, who don't know what they are doing. So Yes, I will build myself. So Sorry I bothered to asked here.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina