Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-03-2010, 03:50 PM

203 posts, read 370,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcs1366 View Post
louise.... by south i meant Florida, where most us northerns go to escape the cold.... I wouldnt move there because hostas wont grow. I know they do in the Carolinas, at least NC. Hostas are good to zone 8 or 9 i think.

I am hoping one day to live in NC.
You will be most welcomed if you move here!

I would love to be in Fla right now where it is warm. The high here today was 21. We have snow still on the ground from 2 weeks ago. The older I get, the warmer I want to be! But then , I would miss the 4 seasons here. Thankfully, these low temps don't last long here!

Last edited by RaleighLass; 08-13-2010 at 08:49 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-19-2010, 06:04 PM

5 posts, read 12,397 times
Talking Great thread

Thanks for the informative thread! Will use it on our visit within the next 60 days!

Old 08-12-2010, 02:01 PM

18 posts, read 69,947 times
Default place to stay in Seneca/Greenville

We are going back for another visit to check out the Seneca area along with Jocasse Ridge and Keowee Mountain for a possible place to move to. We hope to stay in the area for a week to get a feel for it. Can anyone recommend a reasonably priced yet charming place to stay? Someone recommended the Best Western Executive Inn and a room would cost about $65 per night. Is it possible to stay in a B&B for anything similar in cost because they often are more charming.

Old 06-19-2012, 11:03 AM

23 posts, read 72,923 times
Smile Moving to the Carolinas,Tennesee or Georgia

Hi all,

Sorry I wanted to start a new post but can't seem to find where.

My daughter and I are thinking of moving to one of these areas from Boca Raton FL.Originally from Newport RI. Were looking for a small horse farm to start a rescue where there are no restrictions but driving distance to town for work and play. Hopefully with lakes for swimming boating etc. I have always lived on the coast and near a historic downtown area and would like to be around a body of water and some places of interest. So many to consider but without knowing the areas were relying on those who have lived or visted certain areas with all this in mind. My daughter is in equestrian and we would also like the option to do a small rescue for multiple animals. A low crime rate is also a must! Somplace where the weather isn't to hot or to cold but with the seasons. It would be nice to find something that is driving distance to other creat places of interest. Oh and most importantly where we may be able to find work such as hospitality and lifestyle/concierge work. I know where asking a lot but there is such a place just don't know where.

Thanks for any and all your help.

Debbie L

Old 01-11-2014, 06:45 PM

160 posts, read 302,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlibby View Post
Hi all,

Sorry I wanted to start a new post but can't seem to find where.

My daughter and I are thinking of moving to one of these areas from Boca Raton FL.Originally from Newport RI. Were looking for a small horse farm to start a rescue where there are no restrictions but driving distance to town for work and play. Hopefully with lakes for swimming boating etc. I have always lived on the coast and near a historic downtown area and would like to be around a body of water and some places of interest. So many to consider but without knowing the areas were relying on those who have lived or visted certain areas with all this in mind. My daughter is in equestrian and we would also like the option to do a small rescue for multiple animals. A low crime rate is also a must! Somplace where the weather isn't to hot or to cold but with the seasons. It would be nice to find something that is driving distance to other creat places of interest. Oh and most importantly where we may be able to find work such as hospitality and lifestyle/concierge work. I know where asking a lot but there is such a place just don't know where.

Thanks for any and all your help.

Debbie L
I came across this thread, might be a little late. But have you considered Aiken, SC? Lake Thurmond is about an hour from Aiken, not the best area for bodies of water. But Aiken is a big horse town. There is also a lot of money in Aiken because of the Savannah River Site. I go there every year, got to spend some more time this year exploring downtown and the outskirts. Granted, there isn't much once you get outside the city, but Aiken itself is growing pretty rapidly. Very nice mixture of vegetation, a little bit of everything.

Old 01-15-2014, 08:25 PM

2,424 posts, read 3,519,724 times
No elevation in Greenville, hot, hot, hot and humid in the Summer. Expect temps from June to September to be around 90 during the day and in the 70's at night with the dew point in the mid 60's or above during the same time period.

With elevation the air is thinner and holds less moisture and as a rule for every 1000ft the temp drops 6F.

Old 01-18-2014, 02:52 PM

34 posts, read 81,656 times
If you got the money you can buy my mountain horse ranch in Franklin NC. Incredibly beautiful mountain area with one of the lowest crime rates in the entire country.

Old 01-18-2014, 04:07 PM

11,113 posts, read 19,452,306 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry Davis View Post
If you got the money you can buy my mountain horse ranch in Franklin NC. Incredibly beautiful mountain area with one of the lowest crime rates in the entire country.

The interested party posted June of 2012. First post was in 2009. Old thread.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina