Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-14-2007, 09:23 AM

905 posts, read 3,453,375 times

Advertisements

I like Ingles pretty well. I am thrilled they built a store in Lake Lure, however I think they could have built a smaller store since this place is so seasonal. Also I don't see the need for like a 2 acre paved parking lot that is never more than 1/5 full. There are a couple of employees who are nice but overall they are just going through the motions.

The fried chicken rocks!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-14-2007, 09:41 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRock View Post
There are a couple of employees who are nice but overall they are just going through the motions.
For what any service job pays, vs. the cost of living in Asheville, what do you expect, conceier type service?

Goes back to the root problem, Asheville housing is expensive, but jobs that require you to stand on your feet to do your job pay squat.

Old 12-14-2007, 09:54 AM

16,294 posts, read 28,518,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsychic View Post
dirty, understocked and lots of very weird people in there (and not weird in a good way, if you get my drift! lol)
They will still be there, they eat also. Guess that means you don't frequent the downtown that much then, the normal haunts of those you see in that little ingles. That is the closest grocery store (aside from greenlife) to the downtown area. (freakville central)

I'm not sure I would call it 'understocked', but it does have limited shelf space due to its size. Don't recall them ever being out of something (with the caveat of milk and bread when there is a forecast of snow ).

On the downside of the new ingles, it is going to be a brisk 5 minute walk from the bread aisle to the milk aisle, an annoyance if you just need to "pick up a few things"

Old 12-15-2007, 05:50 AM

5,660 posts, read 26,993,372 times
The new Tunnel Road Ingles:

http://citizen-times.com/apps/pbcs.d...D=200771214141

Old 12-17-2007, 04:46 PM

905 posts, read 3,453,375 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asheville Native View Post
For what any service job pays, vs. the cost of living in Asheville, what do you expect, conceier type service?

Goes back to the root problem, Asheville housing is expensive, but jobs that require you to stand on your feet to do your job pay squat.
No, my expectations are not too high. I would just like to be acknowledged and someone to say thank you. With the exception of a couple of cashiers it rarely happens. It does not matter how much you make, nor what job you have, you should have enough pride to be half-way nice. Thats all.

Old 12-21-2007, 10:51 PM

18 posts, read 71,629 times
Bob Ingles and family have a lot of clout as he lives in Biltmore Forrest. He has as it has been said in quiet talks, forced many grocery stores out. In South Asheville Food Lion and Bi-Lo both finally closed leaving Ingles to do as he pleases.

It is said at the annual grove Park Resport parties he throws for his vendors, he makes them offers they cannot refuse to give him special treatment so that he can maintain the hold he has over the areas food markets.

In Asheville, Ingles controls the food, Beverly Hanks controls the real estate, and Beverly Grant controls the majority of construction- and if you are not related to them or connected to someone associated to them, you will not get a job either no matter how experienced you are or educated. A lot of underlying prejudice exists in the Ashevilel area, so when you newcomers get the mountain mist out of your eyes and settle in, you will start to see what many of us other former transplants realized after we came here and got stuck in a financnial demise.

And another hard reality to tell you, is the air quality in the Asheville region is some of the worst nationally for many reasons. Tons of pollutants in the Smokey Mountains get trapped then sent this way when prevailing winds are in place and the Canton pulp mill plant in Canton adds to it and the massive increase in people and cars to this region in the last several years, and is one reason there are so many people in Asheville on oxygen tanks and with increased health related problems and cancers in the region.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:14 PM

2 posts, read 10,845 times
I work at ingles in murphy nc. The one in murphy is decent,i work my butt off doing cashier, selfcheck, stalking stuff, doin milk, eggs, bread, and of coarse bagboy. I am only 17!!! has any one been to one in murphy

Old 02-02-2008, 07:21 PM

92 posts, read 479,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prblmchld View Post
I work at ingles in murphy nc. The one in murphy is decent,i work my butt off doing cashier, selfcheck, stalking stuff, doin milk, eggs, bread, and of coarse bagboy. I am only 17!!! has any one been to one in murphy
No, haven't been there..... But, keep up the good work. Even if you think it's not always recognized, it's the right thing to do and I bet it's noticed. Working hard and being responsible in a job is a great lesson to learn early and will be useful your whole life no matter what you choose to do. Best of luck and if I'm ever in Murphy and need groceries, I'll check it out.

Old 02-02-2008, 07:34 PM

2 posts, read 10,845 times
Any one got opinion on ingles in murphy nc? I work there and want to know ways to improve. Im a hard workin 17 year old who just got a raise. It's right next to walmart and it makes alot of money. Every one says they would rather pay more and go to ingles than walmart. But when i go to walmart i see some of them in there Lol

Old 02-06-2008, 03:50 PM
vq1

134 posts, read 682,825 times
Default Good people

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prblmchld View Post
Any one got opinion on ingles in murphy nc? I work there and want to know ways to improve. Im a hard workin 17 year old who just got a raise. It's right next to walmart and it makes alot of money. Every one says they would rather pay more and go to ingles than walmart. But when i go to walmart i see some of them in there Lol
Been a couple of months since I went into your store (Murphy.) You definitely work with some helpful people, especially the customer service booth lady who is also a notary public.

My suggestion for your store is to have Mr. Ingles put in the fuel island.

Sounds like you have a great work attitude - Best wishes!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina