U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-19-2010, 08:32 AM

765 posts, read 2,185,174 times

Advertisements

I tend to agree that the mountains create their own effect on people, especially artistic people who in turn have brought in other artistic types, etc, etc. Organizations like Penland and the Southern Highland Craft Guild have fostered that atmosphere and the Asheville area is a hotbed of arts and crafts. This type of atmosphere creates its own energy--Larry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 08:49 PM

5,280 posts, read 7,922,275 times
I've heard there's something metaphysical about Max Patch. I'm not particularly new agey but do believe some places have a special vibe.

How about them Brown Mountain lights?

Old 01-23-2010, 10:23 AM

691 posts, read 1,424,311 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by creeksitter View Post
I've heard there's something metaphysical about Max Patch. I'm not particularly new agey but do believe some places have a special vibe.

How about them Brown Mountain lights?
Max Patch was brought to you by GOD. Brown Mountain lights are atmospheric

Old 02-09-2010, 08:08 AM

917 posts, read 2,023,079 times
I read about a NC vortex location recently. I think it was in the Sedona Journal. The location was more to the north central part of the state. I'm sure you could google it though.

Old 07-11-2011, 11:57 PM

1 posts, read 8,870 times
Default Vortecies primarily just north of Asheville.

There are twenty-four active vortices between Black Mountain and Waynesville.
Whiteside Mountain, Mt. Mitchell, Mt. Pisgah, Linville Caves, Linville Falls, Black Mountain, Shining Rock, Looking Glass Rock, And Clingman’s Dome, partly in nearby Tennessee are all high energy locations worth visiting.

Old 07-15-2011, 03:34 PM

3,223 posts, read 8,105,880 times
From my understanding the highest and most remote locations are some of the best places to connect outside the phsycial plane and NC has many of those. When visiting high point, some tall place in nj where 3 states meet... I heard some guy talking to himself or jesus and that was only maybe 1,800 ft up. I don't know what was going on with him, but it was considerably a quiet place compared to the small towns below. The further out the better.

Old 07-15-2011, 04:07 PM

3,681 posts, read 6,972,799 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanu86 View Post
I heard some guy talking to himself or jesus and that was only maybe 1,800 ft up.
I can do both of these at sea level - or even below.

Old 07-16-2011, 06:08 PM

4,614 posts, read 5,204,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sll3454 View Post
I can do both of these at sea level - or even below.
Funny.

Old 07-20-2011, 07:50 AM

4,022 posts, read 7,357,016 times
Here are a couple of web sites, from a quick search:

Haunted North Carolina

And, for some dough, one can read this guy's 50cts:
EarthStar Western North America Map

Cosmic, I tell you...cosmic.

GL, mD

Old 07-22-2011, 06:51 PM

118 posts, read 316,007 times
Aleiya:

"There are twenty-four active vortices between Black Mountain and Waynesville.
Whiteside Mountain, Mt. Mitchell, Mt. Pisgah, Linville Caves, Linville Falls, Black Mountain, Shining Rock, Looking Glass Rock, And Clingman’s Dome, partly in nearby Tennessee are all high energy locations worth visiting."

Thank you for this information. And from the pictures I have seen of Max Patch there is something indeed special there too from an energy standpoint as well as just the sheer peace and beauty of it all. The mountains really do speak to you in WNC, if you allow it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina