U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 04:48 PM

765 posts, read 2,218,548 times

Advertisements

After a whirlwind day visiting 9 houses we picked one and got our offer in just in time to outbid another unlucky customer. We ended up in Woodland Hills which is just outside the city limits in N. Asheville. Nice quiet neighborhood, 3 br/2 bath, family room, sunporch, screened patio, full basement with 2 car garage in basement all on 0.49 acres. The good thing is it came in under what we got for our house so we won't be broke buying up. We are now due to close down here on Nov 20 so we should be in the house for Thanksgiving. Now I gotta talk the boss into letting me work down here the last month before I retire so I won't have to set up a cot in my office! Gotta head out for dinner now--Larry
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-26-2009, 05:08 PM

24 posts, read 55,371 times
^^^ Nice. I think I lived close to there a few yrs ago or more. Isnt that Weaverville?

Old 09-26-2009, 05:49 PM

33 posts, read 78,743 times
Congratulations! Sounds like it's coming together for you.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gators2009 View Post
^^^ Nice. I think I lived close to there a few yrs ago or more. Isnt that Weaverville?
It's about halfway between Beaver Lake and Weaverville. Comes with a 28804 zip code which means it has an Asheville address instead of Weaverville though if that's important to you. The important thing is that it gives us the convenience of access to N. Asheville amenities but county taxes--once I move my property taxes will drop about $2K per year. Personally I kind of liked Weaverville but the house we looked at up there reeked of cigarette smoke and we're both non-smokers and just couldn't put up with the smell.

Old 09-26-2009, 08:27 PM

24 posts, read 55,371 times
I lived real close to there, but it's been a few years now, more like 7. Our address was Weaverville, but I cant remember our zip. I really like Weaverville (and Asheville too).

Old 09-26-2009, 09:09 PM

45,270 posts, read 86,054,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cofga View Post
After a whirlwind day visiting 9 houses we picked one and got our offer in just in time to outbid another unlucky customer. We ended up in Woodland Hills which is just outside the city limits in N. Asheville. Nice quiet neighborhood, 3 br/2 bath, family room, sunporch, screened patio, full basement with 2 car garage in basement all on 0.49 acres. The good thing is it came in under what we got for our house so we won't be broke buying up. We are now due to close down here on Nov 20 so we should be in the house for Thanksgiving. Now I gotta talk the boss into letting me work down here the last month before I retire so I won't have to set up a cot in my office! Gotta head out for dinner now--Larry
ohmygosh, that was quick!!! Congrats, congrats!!! It sounds awesome

Old 09-26-2009, 09:52 PM

90 posts, read 294,629 times
Awesome! I live pretty close to you. I'm just off New Stock Road, same deal Asheville address 28804 zip. I love it out here and I'm sure you will too. BTW, hope all was good for you at the restaurant tonight. Sorry I was too busy to say hi...

Old 09-27-2009, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pslamp32 View Post
Awesome! I live pretty close to you. I'm just off New Stock Road, same deal Asheville address 28804 zip. I love it out here and I'm sure you will too. BTW, hope all was good for you at the restaurant tonight. Sorry I was too busy to say hi...
Yes, we were on New Stock Road looking at a house over there too yesterday and it is just a stones throw away. The restaurant was great, you should have come out and introduced yourself--thanks for the treat. Finally got to meet Mark and his wife. Took forever to get out of the parking garage though--never will do that again. We'll be back up there to see you again once we get settled in--Larry

Old 09-27-2009, 06:47 AM

242 posts, read 917,056 times
Congrats! The entire process is sooo exciting. Enjoy.

Old 09-27-2009, 07:09 AM

648 posts, read 1,196,320 times
Congratulations again, Larry. Of course, that means you are also fairly convenient to the Well-Bred Bakery (that evil little place in Weaverville).

Thanks, Peter, for another great experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina