Best Lake - James, Rhodhiss, Hickory, Kerr Scott
I am seriously looking at lakefront property (or a cheap lakefront home) in one of these lakes. My main concerns are:
- consistent water levels (I have no use for a lakehouse with a dock sitting on mud)
- water clarity (not interested in swimming in mud)
- peaceful - no problem with a popular lake, but want to avoid being too crowded to really enjoy on weekends)
- a restaurant or bar that I can take to boat to would be awesome
- not stupid expensive - not looking to spend huge money (200k on lot or 400k on house)
this would be a vacation property, so no concerns over school or anything like that. Haven't been out to visit these lakes in detail yet, so any advice would be great.