U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 01-21-2010, 04:53 PM

870 posts, read 1,288,047 times

Advertisements

I don't even know them either and I'm EXCITED!!!!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-21-2010, 08:25 PM

22,073 posts, read 40,073,571 times
I find it neat people pick up their lives and start their lives over.
I hope they pre arrange for thei power to be on.
Coming from Texas to the mountains i'm sure thir winter gear got to be limited.
If they didnt pre arrange for their power to be on ooo its going to be cold in that house til Monday

Old 01-21-2010, 10:19 PM

442 posts, read 930,935 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
I find it neat people pick up their lives and start their lives over.
I hope they pre arrange for thei power to be on.
Coming from Texas to the mountains i'm sure thir winter gear got to be limited.
If they didnt pre arrange for their power to be on ooo its going to be cold in that house til Monday
They are staying with friends (Parkies) not moving into a new home. Not yet, anyway. But, they should have arrived by now, I hope. I'm sure Parkies will keep us posted!

Old 01-22-2010, 12:13 AM

758 posts, read 1,590,228 times
THEY'RE HERE!!!! Guy and Mrs. Friendly survived some grueling highways between Mesa, AZ and Asheville! Plus the challenge of driving a 24-foot truck-hauling-car, which they have never done before. At one point they failed to anticipate their exit strategy out of a fast food place. Backing out, they jackknifed. Spent 45 minutes removing car, unhooking trailer, moving truck, re-connecting trailer, moving car back onto trailer. I can't believe they did that in just 45 minutes and still kept their sense of humor! Also, they entered Atlanta at 5:00 P.M.--UGH!--and survived that as well. Bill and I think they're ready now for Canada/Alaska's notorious Alcan Highway, driving on fumes with a broken axel across a desert of invisible heaves in the asphalt. (Yep, been there!)

We had a WONDERFUL first day and are looking forward to our time together. We feel mutually blessed by our meeting through this forum and by the trust we share, created over more than 2-1/2 years of long-distance communicating about common journeys, joys, disappointments, and crises as we all tried hard to sell and move to WNC. It was something like sharing a bomb shelter. You just bond!

Now Guy and Mrs. Friendly are tucked in bed with visions of sugar plums dancing in their heads.....

Thank you for sharing this great joy with us!

Love,

Jan & Bill

Old 01-22-2010, 12:23 PM

870 posts, read 1,288,047 times
I am SOOO glad they arrived safely!!!! What a story...OMG...jackknifed....YIKES...RELAX...ENJOY. ...y'all made it!!!!! Annie

Old 01-25-2010, 11:07 AM

756 posts, read 977,797 times
Yes we are here! The Parkies are as great as we could have dreamed. It is the most anazing and loving experience! All 4 of us are having a great time! And today, the fat lady sang - the proceeds from our sale in AZ were deposited and we are officially North Carolinians!

Old 01-25-2010, 11:25 AM

442 posts, read 930,935 times
Congrats, Guy and Mrs. Friendly - you are our inspiration!! Good luck in your search for the perfect home.

Old 01-25-2010, 05:51 PM

45,142 posts, read 57,055,127 times
As my twin already said, CONGRATS TO YOU~ NC is lucky to have two such nice new residents
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina