Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-15-2010, 06:37 PM

4 posts, read 6,734 times

Advertisements

Hello , I thought I'd ck here to see if anyone has heard of"Eagle's Landing" land sale coming up ??we plan on driving over Sat.to ck it out,currently live in Atl.wondering about future retirement Or investment//anyone familiar with this property?? Thanks so much!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-15-2010, 06:51 PM

121 posts, read 278,069 times
Any idea on where it is located?
Brian

Old 03-15-2010, 07:05 PM

Well it looks to be outside of Murphy,adjacent to Nantahala National Forest Sorry map person is in bed ha ha !

Old 03-15-2010, 07:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickelde View Post
Well it looks to be outside of Murphy,adjacent to Nantahala National Forest Sorry map person is in bed ha ha !
Sorry that is not an area I service. Wish I could be of more assistance. You get around Asheville and have questions, I'm your man....
Brian

Old 03-15-2010, 07:42 PM

Thanks for your time!

Old 03-16-2010, 10:28 AM

4,788 posts, read 10,608,885 times
Their site, which is not especially informative or well done, imo, shows a "land sale"
this weekend, and little more than that. The thin details or lack of specifics would
give me pause, though it may be ok for long/longer range land holding in a portfolio.

There are dozens of these kinds of offerings in western NC, esp in the spring and
fall...you might do some noodling on the web and check out some other developments
and areas in Western NC, so you can spend the weekend looking at situs in addition to
that one offering, imo.

The Thinner/Sketchier the details, the less enthused I would be, but that's just my
50Cts.
GL, mD

Old 03-16-2010, 05:57 PM

I appreciate your input! maybe run far far away,,but also may drive up just to ck it out...As the saying goes "If it sounds too good to be true"........... is it possible to buy at least 1 acre ( Mountain lots or lake front in WNC?? for around $10,000 or less?????

Old 03-17-2010, 05:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickelde View Post
I appreciate your input! maybe run far far away,,but also may drive up just to ck it out...As the saying goes "If it sounds too good to be true"........... is it possible to buy at least 1 acre ( Mountain lots or lake front in WNC?? for around $10,000 or less?????
If they are bank owned.... We are going to see a lot of this in 2010 and 2011 I think.
Brian

Old 03-17-2010, 07:32 AM

4,218 posts, read 8,529,042 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by motordavid View Post
Their site, which is not especially informative or well done, imo, shows a "land sale"
this weekend, and little more than that. The thin details or lack of specifics would
give me pause, though it may be ok for long/longer range land holding in a portfolio.

There are dozens of these kinds of offerings in western NC, esp in the spring and
fall...you might do some noodling on the web and check out some other developments
and areas in Western NC, so you can spend the weekend looking at situs in addition to
that one offering, imo.

The Thinner/Sketchier the details, the less enthused I would be, but that's just my 50Cts.
GL, mD
I agree 200%. If infrastructure is not already in place (and looks to be properly executed), don't bet on it ever happening.

It certainly doesn't hurt to take your road trip and enjoy a pleasant excursion.

What I can't believe are people who buy into these promotions without actually visiting on site and seeing them firsthand.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina