Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-31-2010, 08:22 AM

467 posts, read 1,188,614 times

Advertisements

My very first trip into Asheville was in 2002 while living in east Tennessee (Jonesborough). I was working at a Health Food Store and wanted to see/visit firsthand where our yummy bread was being delivered from "over the mountain". That place was City Bakery.

I spent the whole day just walking around downtown, going in and out of shops, doing a little shopping, coffee, bongos and chess players, street performers, etc. It was a the polar opposite of life in east Tennessee.

Since we were in the midst of planning our move from TN back to the west coast - we spent the few remaining weeks visiting Asheville as much as humnaly possible. My husband and I came over a few times for dinner/music at The Orange Peel, and we spent a few Sundays in Asheville with our children eating out and doing various outdoor activities.

Prior to moving here, my experience with Asheville was limited to just the downtown area. So, I was able to really take the heart of it in, in a very short time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2010, 04:18 PM

120 posts, read 390,626 times
I am beginning to realize that even though we are doing an extended visit in Asheville there is still not going to be enough time to see, eat and do everything we would like to!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina