Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina
 [Register]
Western North Carolina The Mountain Region including Asheville
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2010, 08:12 AM

9 posts, read 19,394 times

Advertisements

hubby and i are moving to asheville and are looking for a long-term rental home...we really want to be in grove park. montford is a possiblity, but grove park is our first choice. it's just the two of us, we'd be dream tenants...but i wonder if people in grove park rent out their homes. do they?

we're looking for a big place, 4 bedrooms, or 3 plus a den, and 2.5+ bath. (yes, there are just two of us, but we need a lot of room. )

i've been looking online for a few weeks and have used the websites recommended here (tonsofrentals.com, ashevillerentals.com, etc.) and haven't seen much available. is it the kind of neighborhood where people put 'for rent' sign in their yards?

if you wanted to rent in grove park, how you go about it? thanks for the help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-04-2010, 08:48 AM

765 posts, read 2,559,322 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenkay View Post
hubby and i are moving to asheville and are looking for a long-term rental home...we really want to be in grove park. montford is a possiblity, but grove park is our first choice. it's just the two of us, we'd be dream tenants...but i wonder if people in grove park rent out their homes. do they?

we're looking for a big place, 4 bedrooms, or 3 plus a den, and 2.5+ bath. (yes, there are just two of us, but we need a lot of room. )

i've been looking online for a few weeks and have used the websites recommended here (tonsofrentals.com, ashevillerentals.com, etc.) and haven't seen much available. is it the kind of neighborhood where people put 'for rent' sign in their yards?

Grove Park and the Beaver Lake neighborhoods may be one step down from Biltmore Forest but the residents don't seem to think so. Those are some of the most expensive and "exclusive" homes in Asheville. You might find one for rent but I've never seen a for rent sign in the front yard. Matter of fact for sale signs are a rarity in there. Good luck with your search.

Old 04-04-2010, 02:50 PM

729 posts, read 1,497,736 times
Try Norwood Park as well. It's right next to the Grove Park neighborhood but a little more affordable. My step-son rented an apartment in a house on Edwin, so yes, there are rentals available.

Old 04-04-2010, 03:46 PM

6 posts, read 11,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by karenkay View Post

Everything is found in the Weekly IWANNA newspaper. The Grove Park area may be too pricey for there, but worth a look. There are rentals in the Montford area, I see ads for them but this would be a good place to start. Also, try Realtors. I know, I am am one so you may be rolling your eyes. But try a few in the Asheville area and see if any of the offices have Realtors that deal with rentals.
That area is a really expensive area and so you may not be able to locate something in a rental there. But keep trying.
I am in Hendersonville so don't know enough about the area in terms of rentals, etc.

Old 04-05-2010, 09:38 AM

9 posts, read 19,394 times
thanks for the suggestions, guys!

i was trying to decide if the iwanna was worth it or not...will give it a shot.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Western North Carolina