U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Unread 11-09-2011, 07:45 AM

5 posts, read 10,405 times
**** cleveland forreal go to plainview or 13th and grove or hydraulic and talk **** and say its so safe here i guarantee you will be a murder statistic or probably robbed and beat down bad. wichita in the 90's had a average of 300 drive by shootings a year much worse than it is now. cops really cracked down on gangs here just look up wichita crips and see we had the feds do a R.I.C.O on them and plus I.C.E. took down a mexican gang. you want a relatively good comparison to cleveland look at Kansas City mo and ks put there crime stats together and every crime category is worse than cleveland no joke look it up. theres your relative comparison kcmo has the 5th highest murder rate with 112 murders and kck murder rate is 31 per 100,000 with 45 murders add that together that 157 murders . worse than cleveland aggravate assaults are alot higher than cleveland. just go to 12th and woodlawn in kcmo the projects and see if you don't get robbed or shot or get your car jacked just for looking at somebody wrong.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Unread 11-09-2011, 07:47 AM

**** cleveland forreal go to plainview or 13th and grove or hydraulic and talk **** and say its sooo safe i guarantee you will be a murder statistic or probably robbed and beat down bad. wichita in the 90's had a average of 300 drive by shootings a year much worse than it is now. cops really cracked down on gangs here just look up wichita crips and see we had the feds do a R.I.C.O on them and plus I.C.E. took down a mexican gang. you want a relatively good comparison to cleveland look at Kansas City mo and ks put there crime stats together and every crime category is worse than cleveland no joke look it up. theres your relative comparison kcmo has the 5th highest murder rate with 112 murders and kck murder rate is 31 per 100,000 with 45 murders add that together that 157 murders . worse than cleveland aggravate assaults are alot higher than cleveland. just go to 12th and woodlawn in the projects and see if you don't get robbed or shot just for looking at somebody wrong. cleveland don't got **** on kansas city

Unread 11-09-2011, 07:51 AM

**** cleveland forreal go to plainview or 13th and grove or hydraulic and talk **** and say its sooo safe i guarantee you will be a murder statistic or probably robbed and beat down bad. wichita in the 90's had a average of 300 drive by shootings a year much worse than it is now. cops really cracked down on gangs here just look up wichita crips and see we had the feds do a R.I.C.O on them and plus I.C.E. took down a mexican gang. you want a relatively good comparison to cleveland look at Kansas City mo and ks put there crime stats together and every crime category is worse than cleveland no joke look it up. theres your relative comparison kcmo has the 5th highest murder rate with 112 murders and kck murder rate is 31 per 100,000 with 45 murders add that together that 157 murders . worse than cleveland aggravate assaults are alot higher than cleveland. just go to 12th and woodlawn in the projects and see if you don't get robbed or shot or get your car jacked in the middle of the day. cleveland doesnt compare

Unread 11-09-2011, 10:14 AM

221 posts, read 191,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by graywolf_14 View Post
Shoot I had my car stolen once and than someone else tried breaking into it within a month... Oh and this was on Waco near Harry. I had another car broken into, lawn mower stolen on miridian. Wichita does have alot of problems just like all medium to large cities in the USA but their are def alot worse. I feel that cities shouldnt grow to be to large, that is when they start having problems.
That's a questionable area. From the Arkansas River all the way to I-235, you're not "out of the woods," especially south of Kellogg. West of I-235, you're in a very nice area.

Unread 02-01-2012, 09:31 AM

1 posts, read 2,291 times
My family and I are getting ready to relocate to wichita area sure to my husbands job, I don't have a clue on where to start looking. We have 3 small children where do we start looking for the safest place to live? Please help I don't want to put my kids in an unsafe environment.

Unread 02-02-2012, 05:47 AM

9 posts, read 15,837 times
Keep on the West side of town, that's the safest, West of Towne West Mall, for sure. I grew up in Rolling Hills, which is still a safe area. East side of Wichita is, for the most part, not safe, especially at night. The only area that I'd stay away from on the West side, is the immediate area SE of Maple & Tyler, there's an area where they built some townhouses years ago in there, and I was over there about a month ago and It's become bad, It's the only pocket I know of that's bad out around there. We live near 21st and Maize Road and have no trouble out here.

Unread 02-20-2012, 06:56 PM

190 posts, read 178,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdavis5810 View Post
My family and I are getting ready to relocate to wichita area sure to my husbands job, I don't have a clue on where to start looking. We have 3 small children where do we start looking for the safest place to live? Please help I don't want to put my kids in an unsafe environment.
I'm convinced the best places aren't in Wichita at all but in the some of the small towns around Wichita. I'm personally looking at Haven.

Unread 02-27-2012, 06:43 AM

11 posts, read 26,478 times
Legalize Drugs..

problem mostly Solved

and give everyone good education and jobs

dont physically abuse children so they grow up mean pit bulls

Unread 04-23-2012, 01:40 AM

4 posts, read 23,402 times
I've lived in Denver, Albuquerque, Salt Lake City, and on the east coast near NYC. I moved here recently and must say, I don't see the Crime/Ghetto extremes that some people on here on mentioning. Yeah, I've seen the poorer parts of town and I'm sure there is crime here as there is anywhere, especially in any city center, but Wichita is by no means a high crime city...especially when i compare it to Albuquerque, which has a serious gang problem as well as drug trafficking and just substance issues in general. My apartment was robbed once in Albuquerque plus I had several bikes stolen from another apartment. I knew so many people who'd suffered from property crime there, it is a huge issue. Here...in Wichita...I don't have that same feeling of threat that I did in Albuquerque. That's not to say that it doesn't ever happen...I'm sure it does, but my first impressions of this city is that it is NOT a high crime city by any means...

Unread 04-30-2012, 09:57 PM

29 posts, read 48,827 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hdavis5810 View Post
I would suggest looking at the map at the beginning of this post. Just stay away from high crime areas and you will be fine. You don't have to flee to the suburbs to be safe, as some would like you to believe. I've lived in Wichita for 25 years, in several different areas, and have never had any problems except some cars broken into to steal stereos a couple of times. That can happen anywhere. I've never felt unsafe, but I do avoid the worst parts of town.
Also we raised 4 kids who attended Wichita public schools, and 3 now have graduated from college. However, if you really don't want to live in a city this size you can check out Derby, Mulvane, Park City, Kechi, Andover, Augusta, Rose Hill or Haysville.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Options
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2011 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $74,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Kansas > Wichita